This weekend the madre came for a weekend of fun. Aka: Shopping, movies and eating out. Oh and we did Frightmares for the first time. I love everything about my mom being here. I spent most of the weekend trying to convince her that she and dad need to just move to Utah since Cole is most likely going to come to SLC when he gets off the mish in December, meaning that all of her children are here. Of course, Dad would never go for it but it's worth a try!
Highlights of the weekend:
1.) Shopping at Tai Pan. Mom is obsessed with ribbon.. Especially Christmas ribbons. Well, there was one point in our Tai Pan trip (in the midst of each of us picking a new theme for our Christmas tree decor) where mom picked up a spool of red and green christmas ribbon only to have Jamie grab for it (she was hungry and wanted to leave) and mom slapped her hand away. Funny. Well, of course Jamie has to finish the fight (if you can call it that) so she picked up a spool of ribbon and chucked it at my mom. Of course, Jamie thought mom would catch it and didn't mean to hurt her or anything but instead it hit her right in the face. omg! Although funny, it was completely embarrassing. Hansen girls are not the most quiet people in the world and we tend to make a scene where ever we go. But really, try having everyone in Tai pan stopping their Christmas decor shopping and starring at you inches from calling the cops with claims of domestic violence.
2.) Frightmares. I love everything about fall and Halloween and Frightmares really sums up my love for it. I love the fog, the orange lights, the screams, the candy apples, the harvest smells and of course, the creepy people. The only thing I didn't like was that I was with a bunch of chickens. This meant that I had to lead the pack through the haunted houses.. Mom made the Frightmare experience all the better. We were chased by psychos with chain saws and made some skeleton friends. I especially loved it when a worker in costume would try to scare my mom and she would growl back at them. Every time. Funny Stuff.
3.) I will never get tired of spending weekends with my mom. It's all fun. Of course, it wouldn't be a weekend with mom with out her crying when we separate. I know I get the crying gene from her. I'm not joking. She cries everytime. What a good mother :)
Here are a couple of pics from the weekend:
+edit.jpg)
bw.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment