Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Grandpa Sherm

It's weird to think about how fast time really goes by. In a couple of days it will be one year since the passing of my Grandpa, Sherman Henry Stump Jr.


Today, Jamie and I went to Denny's for breakfast and we saw a cute little old man eating breakfast by himself. Well, I'm a sucker for the old people and for some reason, I couldn't stop looking at him and thinking about him and my own Grandpas. We stood behind him in line to pay for our meal and I noticed that as he left, he grabbed a tooth pick from the dispenser on the counter and stuck it in his mouth in a Papa Sherm way.. needless to say, I got a little choked up.

I miss him, but most importantly I'm extremely blessed to have the knowledge I have to know that Families can be together forever. I'm eternally grateful for grandparents who raised such a wonderful daughter in the church and taught her to be the great mother that she is. I can't wait to continue the legacy.

After his funeral last year there were tons of flowers that people had sent to my grandma for the funeral. Of course grandma couldn't keep them all so she let each of us choose one. I loved all of the flowers but I knew that in time, they would die. I'm partial to the greenery so I chose a Peace Lily! My mom had to babysit it for a couple of months but here it is a year later. I have it on my dining room table so I can see it everyday. I love it.

No comments: