Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Something out of the ordinary.. No quote post this week :/ I'll save it for next week!

I can't believe that it's already here.  Wedding time.  It feels like it was just yesterday that the baby brother got engaged and we starting talking about wedding plans and I started getting sad about changing.  Don't get me wrong, I can't imagine Coleman finding anyone who is more perfect for him than Kiersten.  I'm so happy for them and can't wait for Saturday when Kier will officially be part of our family and will have the new last name to show for it.  I know it's going to be a happy day.. but I also know that there are going to be some things that might make me want to jump off a cliff.  I won't though because I really want to live to see who wins Big Brother in a few weeks.  (haha Ok, that's not the only thing, but you get what I mean.)

I'm just going to abide by the following rules and expectations that I just set for the wedding weekend: 1.) hold my tongue when people are being super dramatic and stupid because it's inevitable 2.) Play with Mason all weekend long and 3.) Eat cake.  

I feel like that's not setting the expectations too high.  Totally achievable.  Well, the first one might be difficult but I'm going to rely on #2 and #3 to get me through that part.

 It's Cole and Kier's day so I'm just going to do what I can to make sure it's the best.  I'm mostly just excited for all of the friends and family that will be there to help them celebrate! Mom and Dad get here late tonight, Jamie and her family get here tomorrow morning, we all get to go to the temple tomorrow night and then it's getting stuff ready for the Big Day on Saturday. 

Over all the wedding hype, the pictures, the beautiful dresses, the food, the glam, the money...all of it.. I'm mostly just so happy for my brother.  Even though we fight sometimes and annoy each other, I love him so much.  He really has become one of my best friends especially over the last few years while we've lived together.  We've been through a lot together and I look up to him in so many ways.  I feel like he's helped me grow up, to be more patient and understanding, how to forgive, and that at the end of the day family is the most important thing.  He's the best brother anyone could ask for and I'm so happy for him and his decision to get married in the temple.  I'm going to miss him living with me most of all but I know that he's getting a really good new roommate.  Change is hard for me and it's going to be super weird not seeing him all the time, and making him dinner, but I know it's time and that it's good change.  While it's bitter sweet for me, I'm sure it's just really sweet for him. So I can't complain about that.

I love you, Cole!

Oh and Kier, I love you too!! 

Here's to a fun family weekend :) :) 
pics to come.