"Are you taking a nap?"
-Easton calling me right after Nieko told him I was taking a nap
haha I love that he knew I was going to be taking a nap but still called me anyways because he had something to tell me. Oh and that he kept me up until 2:30am on a work night the night before which made me need that nap anyways. Easton..smh. Glad he's back!
"The people who built this house were alive for the war of 1812."
-Kier about their house that was built in 1855..just putting the age of her house into perspective.
HAHAH it's funny, but true. It's old, but it's amazing what a little paint and love will do! It's coming together so great because Kier is amazing at all that stuff. I just know they are going to love it there.
"What's happening?!?! ....I'm never coming here again."
-Nieko
We decided to go out to Cole and Kier's house so the boys could see it all coming together with the new flooring and carpet and such. It's an old house and we've seen way too many scary movies so yeah, we let ourselves get a little freaked out sometimes. I know the house it fine but Kier's scary story about the upstairs light being on as she was driving up to the house and then being off shortly after was a little scary. I'm sure it was nothing.
But as we were all sitting around the house Friday night, I had my back to the front door and was facing Nieko. All of a sudden he had this terrified look on his face and was looking past my head and pointing at the door. I didn't even look back. I just got up and ran to the other side of the house (probably with my ugly frightened face which the boys seem to get a kick out of). I mean, what would you do? He looked so scared and was like "WHAT'S HAPPENING?!" My first thought was 1) a ghost or 2) a mass murder was peaking into the house with a gun and/or crossbow...naturally. But apparently the door just kind of opened a little by itself. It was enough to scare Nieko and get my attention. HAHAHA. funny.
"That could have been a suicidal snap chat."
-Nieko talking about his snap to Willy that said, "Nice knowing ya."
We thought we were so funny sending Snap Chats that we thought would get people's attention. And by "people" I mean just Willy. Ok, what would you do if you saw someone say "nice knowing ya" on a snap chat? haha Nieko isn't suicidal and he was just joking but Willy didn't even play along at all. In fact, we only got one snap chat back and it said "French Toast" with a picture of his midnight french toast treat. Good friend award? Not.
hahaha he knows we were playing around but really.. do you know, willy? Do ya?! Do you know?
"So are you moving out of the ward? Someone said that you 'graduated' from the singles ward and that's why you were released from your calling and I was like 'she's not that old is she?'"
-Scott, Ward member
Apparently there was a rumor circulating in the ward that I was over 30 and getting kicked out of the Single's Ward. "Graduated" is the nice way people in the church like to say "You're old and it's time for you to move on and be put into primary in a home ward." It's basically the worst thing that could happen to you while in the singles ward. I personally don't think it's a big deal at all. It happens all the time. But people act like it's the most devastating thing that could happen. I guess I didn't know I was that popular in the ward to get a rumor started about me. So thanks for that one :)
But for the record... I'm 25. Will I get married in the next 6 years before I have to "graduate" from the Singles ward? Maybe not, but when I do have to move on, you better believe I will make a big deal of it. If that happens, you're all unofficially invited to that 31st birthday party.
The fact is that I'm going to be moving out of the ward so that I can move closer to work so the Bishop released me to give me a break because I've been so awesome at my calling. Geez ward, check yourself!
Ward rumors are dumb. Funny but dumb. The best part is that I don't even know half the ward so I'm not sure how it started. Meh. Whatevs!
"What did you do today, Mason?" -Me
"Naked. Yogurt." -Mason
hahahhahaha the kid is living the dream. I want to be just like him..Perfectly content with his day even though it only included his 'naked yogurt time. '
(for the record, so my sister and brother in law don't let him be naked all the time. The other day they just left the room and came back and he was naked, eating his yogurt like ndb. Funny kid.)
No comments:
Post a Comment