Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wednesday

"Try buying a pressure cooker and a backpack online at the same time and see what happens.  The SWAT team will come to your house.  I want to do it just because.  But.. then they would see my 20,000 rounds of ammo in the house so that's probably not a good sign."
-Dad
We were talking on the phone about canning and stuff which brought up pressure cookers and of course dad's new found love of buying things online.  Naturally that led to how if you were to buy one of those online and a backpack at the same time they would think you were a terrorist.  So note to any of you who are planning on buying a pressure cooker online to do your canning...  Don't do it.  But if you do, just be sure you don't do your school shopping at the same time.  

Leave it to dad to want to do it just to see what would happen.  Embarassing.  And 20,000 rounds of ammo?  I thought he was joking. 


He wasn't.


"I'm so excited.  I get to go home and read Anything But Ordinary."

-Julie (Kier's Mom) last Wednesday
For about 5 seconds I didn't know what she was talking about.  I should have because her comment right before that was "It's Wednesssssday! Did you do your chores?" I knew that was about doing my wednesday post but for some reason when she said "Anything But Ordinary" I thought she was talking about a new book she was reading.  Not a book...Just my blog :) 

"There's cool stuff in Texas.  I see it on the food network all the time.  They have good BBQ there.   Like, I want to go to Chicago just for their deep dish pizza. I'm not kidding!"

-Nieko
I must have been bagging on something from Texas, I'm not sure.  I can't remember how it was brought up because I really don't have anything against Texas.. I've just never been there and don't really have a desire to NEED to go there anytime soon.  Whatever the reason,  all I remember is Nieko defending Texas like he'd been there before and loved it..  His source?  The food network.  The reason?  Apparently they have good BBQ there.  I was laughing so hard at how serious he was.  Then he started going off on Chicago's deep dish pizza.  

I've decided that I need to meet someone who has a jet who can just take us to eat at these places.  Apparently it's worth it. 


Adding Chicago Deep Dish Pizza to my bucket list? Yes. Texas BBQ? Still not too convinced.  Someone fly me there and prove me wrong ;) ;)


"What are you doing?" -Me to Mason over the phone

"Nothin." -Mason
I'm not kidding.  When did he get so big that he understands questions like that and responds with an adult answer like "Nothin"? hahaha I could cry.  He's getting so big and is as adorable as ever, especially with his new big boy hair cut.  The true answer to my question was that he was sitting in the stroller at his favorite place--The Mall.  He told me about it after but I had to pry it out of him.  I can't even handle how big this 2 year old is getting.  Only 23 more days until I get to see him!!

"If I didn't have four at home already, I'd take this one home with me too."
-Volunteer at the Pet Adoption thing as Pet Smart
First of all, I only went into the store to see puppies/dogs.  But guess what?  They only had cats.  Stinky, ugly cats (Ok, one named Wendy wasn't too bad to look at)  I was so mad, though.  I honestly felt like one of the cats was looking into my soul.  I guess I starred too long at one of them because the volunteer guy came over and started talking about his love for cats and wouldn't leave me alone.  How do you tell someone that you loathe something they love?  You just cant without being rude.  So what did I do? I stood there, listened, and waiting for the right opportunity to say "well, thanks, have a good day, BYE." The guy wouldn't stop.  He even pulled out a cat and I managed to get myself to pet it and pretend that I liked it.  I did tell him "I wasn't a big cat person" but he just kept going.  

cats.  smh.

"You, this everything good."

-Kier explaining to me that she thought I looked good
The best part of this is that I totally got what she was saying.  She meant to say that she liked my hair and that my outfit was really working for me.  We laughed.  Sometimes you just "get" people, and you don't question it.




1 comment:

Amy said...

Haha I think the best thing about this post is the cat's name is Wendy!!