When I heard about it, I was a mess. I just love my dad so much and can't even imagine what my life would be like without him. It's not meant to be, but this whole mortality stuff is kind of scary. I mean, one thing could go wrong, one little tiny thing, and it could just be over. My dad is fine and doing much better but I couldn't help but stay up that whole night worried about him and thinking the worst while still trying to have faith that everything was going to be OK.
I have so many great people in my life and I've been fortunate enough to only lose a few of them. I don't think I'm scared of death but I'll admit that I do get a little anxious when I think about lost time or not really making the most out of life and relationships with the people around me. I think we just get caught up in stuff sometimes and we forget what this life is all about. I do it all the time. I forget to really be in the moment. Sometimes I complain more than I'd like too, I choose to stay home and watch TV most nights, and I waste precious time thinking about the things I would like to be able to do and 50% of the time it's just a thought and never an action. It's bad and I'm not going to sit here and make excuses.
I honestly don't know how I would handle though it if I woke up one morning to a phone call that someone I really loved had passed away and I didn't do everything I could to show that person that I loved and cared about them. On the other side of that, I would hate to leave this life and have people remember me as some girl who was a lot of talk and no walk who only cared about pop culture, organizing things and occasionally liked to blog and sew. Not having it. So I've been praying even harder lately for help to be more in tune with the spirit and to be more of an action person and less "just thought."
Cheese ball moment***
Life really is short and precious. Lessons from this week and things I'm trying to work on:
1-Don't just tell people you love them, show them.
2-If you have a prompting to do something, do it. There's always a reason for it. You might not know the reason at the time, but you don't want to miss out on an opportunity to help someone if you can and for your relationships to grow.
3-Make bold moves. This is something I know I need to work on but it's a struggle for me. I have a feeling I'll get a handle on it sooner or later but in the meantime, I'll try to be patient with myself and hope that everyone else in my life can continue being patient with me too :)
2 comments:
such true and wonderful words!
xx
Oh no that is scary! Glad he's doing better! I came across this girl's instagram and her husband had passed away a year ago on Valentine's Day because he was riding his bike to work and a car hit him, anyways my worst fear is that something will happen to Stephen, so ever since hearing about her story I'm always hugging Stephen. Ha! Like tonight I hugged him ten times in a row because I won't see him till after 6 tomorrow. Haha, I'm glad he puts up with me but seriously though, I think the same as you when it comes to this stuff. Nightmare!
Post a Comment