Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wednesday

"Joaquin! JOAQUIN!"
-Dude in the ward trying to get the elder's quorum president's attention by turning around in the middle of fast and testimony meeting.
You know those people who think they are whispering but they always seem to be the loudest person at all the wrong moments?  My dad and grandma Hansen are like that.  They can't whisper for crap.  They think they are telling a secret in the middle of sacrament but in reality, they haven't made their voice any softer.  It can be embarrassing.  Well, this one kid (who Amanda and I have decided isn't "special" ..he's just "different" if that makes sense) was sitting in front of us during fast and Testimony meeting and he decides to turn around and shout/whisper to get Joaquin's attention.  Amanda and I were dying.  We were embarrassed for him.  But we weren't laughing just because he wasn't succeeding at the whispering but he kept looking at us saying "sorry" but then continued trying to get the EQP's attention.  Like, if people are laughing at you and can't stop then you probably should turn around and stop talking.

Then starts the giggle fest between me and Amanda.  We couldn't stop.  To make it better the kid turned around and said "Hey, don't let anyone steal my phone." I looked at him and was like "uhh ok." But really I was like "Wth.  Is this really happening?"  I didn't know what he was talking about or why he thought it was a good time to talk to us.  He then got up to share his testimony.  I then understood why he was telling me to watch his phone.  Kind of.  I mean, I feel like the safest place to leave your phone unattended is probably on the pew at church in the middle of fast and testimony meeting.  Anyways.  If you think it's over.  It wasn't.  He sat down after he was dne, turned around and said, "JOAQUIN?! JOAQUIN! Was that good?  THE SPIRIT TOLD ME TO DO IT." omg.  It was the worst.  Sure, tell that to the person you're sitting next too--great.  But to a person who is 4 rows behind you?  just don't.  We couldn't stop laughing.  Everyone was looking.  It was bad.



"You're the meanest brother I've ever had. Even my step brother is nicer"
-little girl in the park to her brother
"Who is your step brother?" -little brother
"I'm not telling." -bratty sister in the black velour dress on a hot summer day
This little girl scared me.  First of all, people know that I have a problem with kids having these super creative imaginations.  I know I should be like "Creativity, yay!" I get that.  But the whole making making people up or saying they see things doesn't setting with me.  It's like last week when Jamie started telling us that Mason has starting shutting all the doors up stairs and says "monsters" and then one night they woke up to him saying "go away, go away" in his room by himself. EEK.  It's probably nothing to everyone else but it scares me a little lot. It shouldn't but it does. 

 But back to the Blonde Samara from the park that day...if her brother doesn't know that she has a step brother?  Kind of creepy.  It's probably imaginary.. Like Toby from Paranormal Activity.  Actually, he was a real ghost/demon thing.  See. yeah, no.  Can't handle it.

I really need to cut back on the scary movies I think. haha  



"Geez, Willy."
-Justin to me about being dramatic
BAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I'm glad someone thinks Willy is the most dramatic one and not me for a change.  Actually, this person doesn't really know me so I'm sure after one more time of hanging out that probably would change.  Who cares.  I'm still just going to live in this moment for a second.  *AWWWWYEAAAA* Oh wait, that was dramatic.  Willy--Tie?  jk. We all know that I'm the winner.  It's whatever.

"You should go home and slap your parents for these genetics."
-Dude dental hygienist
It's not a secret that I have bad teeth. I know it, everyone knows it.  I really didn't need the overly flirty DH to tell me about it.  Embarrassing.  It's like just get in there, get it done and move on.  First of all, do you really think I can comment back with your hands in my mouth? No.  Oh and ps.  I don't care that your wives name is also Jenn and how I kind of remind you of her.  Weird. At that point I wanted to be like "i'm going to take my bad teeth and leave now. Byyyye."

"You look really pretty today; you're glowing!"
-Tessa, new coworker
"I didn't shower." -me
OK, I'm not the best at taking compliments.  I really need to get better at that.  I've just never really been good at it so when some ever tells me I look good I IMMEDIATELY am like "psssht," and come up with a really good reason as to why I might be "glowing" or whatever I can do to down play the compliment.  It's a problem.  But I legit didn't shower one day this week and THAT is the day that I look "pretty?" geez.  I really should stop semi-trying to be semi-presentable. 

____________
I really wish for this last one that I could post a picture of this girl who doesn't say anything to Nieko and I... just gives us bad looks. If she said something rude to us, I would post it but it's all about the "Look" for her.  Remember me talking about the girl who has a Perma-B look on her face?  It's her. Apparently it's just when Nieko and I are around that she does that.  We don't get it.  I would totally understand if we did something to her or ever had a conversation with her but we haven't.  

I like to think that Nieko and I are pretty well liked, but we know she hates us.  It's weird. We don't run into her too often but Nieko and I were hitting a beach ball back and forth this weekend and it accidentally hit her in the face.  Instead of laughing about it or making a joke she didn't budge at all.  Just turned her B Face up a notch.  I don't get it.  All I know is that someone who is her real friend should really tell her how unattractive that face makes her.  Woof. 

(Rude, but get real.  she's rude. Next time I might just have to subtly call her out on it.  Not like we care because we aren't really "friends." I just don't like when people don't like me for no reason at all.  It's dumb.)

No comments: