"Are you in a depression?" -Kier as she walked in the door to find me on the floor staring at the ceiling.
"No. But pretty sure if I was, that would be really insensitive." -Me
Things people should know about me number one: I do weird things. Actually, that's pretty much all you need to understand about me, I feel. I'm not "normal" and I actually love that about myself. At least once a week, you will find me laying on the ground staring at the ceiling. I don't do it for long periods of time but I just feel like it's a good way to let my brain take a rest and to give a little reset to me body so everything is functioning at the same pace. That brain and heart of mine tend to work at weird speeds sometimes.
Just a warning so if you walk into my house and I'm having that kind of moment, I'm totally not depressed. But I really feel like if I was, you might not want to ask me that. hahah Oh, Kiersten :)
"How do I know that girl?" -Me to Nieko at the concert.
"That's my Holy Smokes girl friend!! move over here." -Nieko
I've teased Nieko for a while about the girl who works at Holy Smokes BBQ in layton. She totally loves him. One time we went in there without him and she said (quote) "I love Nieko." I mean, I don't think she LOVES him but I'm just saying that she would totally use him for her "man crush monday" pic on Instagram if she had a pic of him. Anyways, she likes him. I've talked to her multiple times so a recognized her at the concert but couldn't remember where I knew her from. We made eye contact, Nieko looked, said that ^^ and then we quickly moved/ran away. So funny. And sad. I mean, the girl even gave him free Holy Smokes the night before. Top bad she's in High school. BAHAHAHA Best.thing.ever.
"Old people."
-Cole whispering to me at the movie theater
Have you ever been really excited to do something or go somewhere and then you get there and realize that you might be a little out of place? That was Cole and me when we went to see "The Butler" on opening night. There wasn't one person in that theater under 40, aside from us. It was the best/worst. We were dying because everyone who walked up the stairs we were like "oh wow, they lived through this whole civil rights thing." Then you have me and cole just like, "Yeah, we appreciate a good movie and history. woot woot."
We decided to sit in the front. When the previews started we were reminded how old everyone was in the theater because at every quiet moment between a preview you had someone doing old people things. By this I mean 1.) people thinking they were whispering but really they are yelling 2) hacking up a lung or 3.) complaining to their spouse that they were sitting too close to the screen and couldn't see.
#oldpeople
"What could I give you to take that necklace from off you neck?"
-Candy store guy willing to pay me 20 bucks in chocolate for my $12 PacSun necklace
I might need to reevaluate my whole "first impression" thing. I mean, I know that I have this thing that makes (most) people feel comfortable around me. I don't know what it is but it happened with every kind of interaction we had on Monday night as I was shopping and out to dinner with Kenzie at Fashion Place. With in the first 2 minutes the guy called me "Ms. Sassy" because I asked what kind of Peanut Butter something was when he asked us if we wanted a sample. I don't feel like that's sassy. Can't a girl just know what she's getting before she agrees to something?! rude. Ok, maybe I am sassy. Whatever.
So as we both went up to the counter to buy a treat he asked me about my necklace. Apparently he really liked it and wanted it for himself. It's just this plain long necklace with three geometric shapes on it. I mean, it's cute, but he was so into it. He was really going to pay me in chocolate for it. I should have done it but I felt so awkward and quite frankly, felt a little weird that he wanted MY necklace for himself. I wanted it. So I turned him down, he was sad, the end.
"Everyone really does think they are best friends with you."
-Kenzie
It's true. The guy from Cheesecake factory was teasing me like we'd known each other forever, the older Sephora lady thought we could be besties and the candy guy.. loved me. I'm not surprised. Maybe they felt bad because I was the single one with my married, 38 weeks pregnant friend? haha jk. I just must have one of those faces, I guess.
"Is that your new laugh? It sounds reinvented." -Jamie to me
"That's rude. Do you think I'm being fake? *insert laugh." -me
"THAT LAUGH! What the heck is that?" -Jamie
I explained to her that I didn't know what she was talking about but that I didn't appreciate that it was like I was being fake or something. My laugh does weird things all the time. In fact, it's one of my most annoying things, I feel but I'm not going to let that stop me from laughing and feeling happy. No way, jose. Like yesterday, I was just trying to be quiet because I could NOT stop laughing at work. I guess it did something weird and Jamie hated it. Whatever. Good thing she's my sister and has to love me :)
"His eyes are super dilated."
-Me about a guy on last night's episode of Catfish
"You're dilated." -Cole
BAHAHAHA. Pretty sure that's the nastiest thing he could have said to me. Ok, I take that back. He could have said way worse things but you know what I mean. It's one of those "Your mom goes to college" kind of things. You say them without thinking and sometimes they just go really wrong. This was one of those moment. Don't worry, people... I'm not having a baby.. My downstairs is fine.
Gross. Forget I said that. ok...BYYEEE.
No comments:
Post a Comment