Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Wedding!

I know that most of the people who read this blog were either with us all day yesterday for Cole and Kiersten's wedding or have been able to see all the pictures on Facebook and Instagram.  However, I want to take a few minutes to recap the day and the wedding.

I honestly can't believe that September 7th came so fast.  I feel like we had been talking about wedding plans for a long time, but at the same time I couldn't believe how fast it came.  It feels like it was just the other day that I was talking about Coleman getting engaged and starting to mentally prepare myself for the day when he would no longer be my roommate.  It's weird, but it came, it happened, and it was beautiful.

My family was finally all together Thursday morning when Jamie, James, Regan and Mason's flight finally arrived.  I haven't been so happy to see them.  I hate that they live so far away.  We all do.  But I know that part of being a family is supporting each other and that's what we all are doing.  Even though it stinks, and I miss them everyday when they are gone, we just have to make it work.  The second they got here I knew it was going to be really hard to say goodbye two days later but we weren't going to let that get in the way.  We were a little nervous that Mason wasn't going to warm up to us as fast because it had been a while since he'd seen some of us in person but yeah right... He loves everyone of us and has each of us right where he wants us.  He even understands that Kier is part of our family now and asks to go to her and to go to "kiersten's house" sometimes.  It's the cutest thing.

I had been really nervous all week because Kier and I were going through the temple Thursday night.  I don't think I can really explain the emotions I felt waiting for that day to come.  I can honestly say that the best thing I ever did was choosing to get myself ready to go to the Temple and to actually follow through with it.  I've already felt my life change as I've worked on myself and decided to go.  Thursday night quickly came and it was beautiful.  It was most of the people I love the most in the most beautiful place on Earth.  I couldn't have asked for a better experience.  I even had some of my friends sending me the nicest messages that whole day congratulating me and supporting me and that meant so much..  I think that Willy said it best when he told me that being with my family in the Temple would be one of the best memories I will ever have.  He was right.  Dad was even sure to make a comment and said "All my kids in the temple... I'm a proud papa."  Yes, dad.. you're the best cook and a grade A champ of a Dad :) haha  It was great.  And sharing that moment with Kier... now, it doesn't really get better than that.

Friday was hanging out and decorating day.  I knew going into it that everything was going to turn out amazing..  Did I get a little anxiety because everything was late the night before? yes.  But as I've learned more about myself over the years I've learned that you sometimes have to take the back seat and get yourself out of situations that make you crazy or things you can't control.  So before that happened Dad and I decided to stick in the Kitchen and make the 250 bags of Cotton Candy.  All I can say is that I'm so glad I don't to that for a living. haha.  Standing in one spot for a few hours bagging sugar was a little exhausting and a messy job but it was worth it.  The cotton candy really did add a great touch to the reception and everything turned out so cute at the end of it all.  Kier and Cole really are so blessed to have so many great and talented people who are willing to do any and everything for them!

We didn't get home until pretty late that night but mom and I still managed to sit up for a little bit and talk (cry) about change and people living far away... I know she was just sad about Jamie and Cole and I living so far away from her but I really understood that night what she was talking about.  It stinks.  But like I said before, it's life and sometimes it really does stink and it gets hard, but we make it work.  We always do!

Saturday morning was an early one and sleeping on the couch for three nights in a row had already starting catching up to me the night before.  I was tired in every way that you can be possibly be.  But going up to the Temple, even though it was early, was really exciting.  I was able to witness my first sealing and it was for my brother and new sister-in-law!  Again, I couldn't have asked for anything more.  It was beautiful.  They are so in love and so happy :)  She's officially a Hansen and I have a new sister!!!

Besides being in the temple again with family and some of our closest friends, I think the best thing about the whole day was all of the people who sacrificed their entire day to be with them to celebrate and support them.  There were so many people there with us!  For me it was really cool because not only did I have my immediate family there but I also had my second Utah family there.  The boys.  Cole's groomsmen.  Maybe I was/am just really emotional this weekend especially but I couldn't help but feel overly thankful for the people that I've had placed in my life..  I have the best family and friends  that anyone could ask for.  Heavenly Father really does know exactly who/what you need at the exact time that you need it.  I'm grateful for that!

Of course the luncheon and reception was just as great.   Everyone in one place celebrating Cole and Kier.  The luncheon was super long because for some reason the dumb boss only had three waitresses working and it took forever to get going.. but I still managed to fight back my anxiety and just got up and started helping with drinks for a little bit.  It was great and people understood since they knew it was going to be an all day event anyways... the reception turned out amazing and emotional per usual.  At the end of it when they did the dances cole pulled me out to dance, I lost it and the rest of the night was downhill from there... you know, with the tears part.  We all were crying for different little reasons I think, but mostly because we are so happy and tired, I think.  We Hansen's just have a lot of feelings and Kier might out rank us on that one, so Kier--Welcome to the family :) haha.

At the end of all of it, I've lost my roommate.  Is it sad? yes.  Am I crying right now?  A little.  BUT,   our family is gaining one of the best people I've ever met...Someone who is perfect for my brother in every way!  It's all worth it and I couldn't be happier for them.  I like to think that the best thing that happened from living with Cole for the last two and a half years was me helping him get on his feet and learning how to live with a woman.  I mean, if you can live with OCD, kind of bossy/neat freak me and not go crazy.. then you're pretty set.  But I really do believe that Cole living with me wasn't just for him, but for me too.  He's taught me that it's OK to not be all put together and in order all the time and that It's OK to be a little crazy sometimes.  He's taught me a lot about being patient and caring and accepting and he's taught me how to be an example and how to be a better friend, sister and person in general.  I love the kid and I'm going to miss seeing him everyday and having him as my dinner/movie partner all the time.  I know we'll still do a lot of those things occasionally but I know it won't be the same.  He has a new house and a new roommate.  Like we always say.. change is hard but change is good and I'm excited to see what will come out of this change.  We are both starting a new adventure.. his is just for eternity :)


Kiersten and Cole, 

I love you so much!!!  Congrats on finding each other and being in love.. and all that mushy stuff :) You're the best.

Love, 
Your Sis!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like it was just beautiful and wonderful! And so happy for you getting to go through the temple. Love ya!

Unknown said...

We love you Jenn! Thanks so your inspiring words! As always you bring me to tears!!