Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Life is Good

It's been a couple of weeks since I've posted anything but I've actually been pretty busy the last couple of weeks. (Oh and before anyone asks, I haven't been writing down too many things for Wednesday posts.  It was starting to feel like a chore so I might not do those as often.  We'll see. I make my own rules.)

I guess I will just hit the points from the last few weeks.  The deats. Lessons learned.  The usual:

1- The Parma Reception for Cole and Kier went great. Again, we have so many supportive family members and friends. It's amazing.  I've decided that one of the top 5 reasons why I want to get married some day is because I totally want all the money and gifts. Not joking.  Sure, they got about 4 too many crock pots and glass casserole dishes, but whatever, those were instantly turned into cash, which I love.  Someone needs to find me a guy to marry so I can get gifts.  The end.  

Actually, Alex and I decided that even if we don't get married, we each are going to have a "celebration of life" party in our honor.  Now, this won't be like a birthday.. it will be the status of a wedding, complete with invitations, decorations, fancy attire, and gifts.  Ok, ok.. maybe if we were on a reality TV show.  A girl can dream.

2- Last week was the longest week of my life.  Yes, I exaggerate quite a bit, but it really was a long week.  It was the FranklinCovey Sales and Delivery Conference at the Marriott City Creek in downtown Salt Lake City. Four days of long meetings, fun activities, and prizes.  Of course the activities and prizes were my favorite part but I didn't mind some of the meetings either.  It's kind of nice getting a reminder of how great your job really is.  I work for a company that has so many great practices and teaches people how to be better!  I'm not sure what is better than that.  It was just great getting to meet some of the people that I only get to work with over the phone and email.

3-I discovered that I don't mind old men.  When I say that, I mean, that I found myself crushing on a guy that was probably my dad's age. Maybe older.  It's whatever.  It wasn't that "omg, butterflies in the stomach" kind of crush, but I just thought he was cute and nice. Like, a little more than I should have.  Problem is that 1.) he's old and 2.) I work with him.  HAHAHAHHAHAHA.  Funniest mini crush of my life.  Old men. smh.  HAHAHHHAHA.  Weird. Irrational.  Ridiculous.  That's really the best way I can explain it.

4- Living alone can be problematic.  I started hearing sounds that I've never heard before in the living room area.  Of course I immediately think I'm smack dab in the middle of some horror film so I still sleep with my bedroom door closed and have started leaving the hall light on while I'm going back from one room to another.  The other night I even contemplated sleeping with my bathroom light on.  I didn't though.  I really need to stop watching scary movies but I just love them too much.  In addition to the sounds, I've gone from grocery shopping once a week to successfully not going to the store for two and a half weeks.  Sure, I had the conference last week so I was fed almost all week, but I don't know if I even would have gone if I didn't have the conference.  I realized on Saturday that I better go to the store to at least get stuff for lunches for this week.  I went and ended up getting some lettuce, hummus and reduce fat wheat thins.  I think I have a problem.  I'll figure it out soon, It's just been a minute since I've had to cook and shop for just one person. 

5- I ordered my new 32 gig iPhone 5S.  I know this really isn't a big deal but if you have any kind of broken button on your phone then you should feel my pain and be excited with me.  Of course I didn't get there in time to get one that day but I did get it ordered.  It also helps that it was paid for with a bonus from work.  I love free stuff! I just hope it gets here sooner than they said it will.  Fingers crossed.

6- I love my brother.   We got to spend all day Saturday together.  Movies, Lunch and shopping.. it was a good day :) I just love that he doesn't work on the weekends so we can for sure catch up on those days when we're both off.

7-Apartment hunting is officially almost over.  Amanda and I found a place that we really like, but of course they were closed on Saturday when we tried to get it finished up.  We should know over the next couple of days if they have a availability for us and when we're moving.  I feel like I move all the time, but I'm excited for a change, and to start saving some monies ;) I just can't believe that it's already coming so fast!

8- I've realized this weekend that there are some people who just won't like you.  This should be something that I realized long before the age of 25 but I've met some people in my life who just have negative feelings toward people for no real reason.  I guess the best thing I can come up with is that you just can't care about these people.  You can go on with your life and not have negative feelings toward them but just laugh, brush it off your shoulder, and move on with your life because the truth is that those people don't matter in your life.  Yes, they are children of God, but that doesn't mean you have to be around them or tolerate them.  Choose to ignore people who bring your down or those who choose to be rude or negative.  Again, you don't have to be rude but you can just be like "meh" and move on.  I recently found out about this girl who wrote the C word on my Niece's blog for no reason at all.  Ew.  The best part is that she hasn't even seen this girl for over a year.  Pathetic, right?  It really is true that some people really have nothing better to do with their lives than to try to bring people down to their miserable level.  These people suck.  Kind of like Satan sucks.  

Stay away from them.  Don't feed into their negative energy.  It's not worth it. 

9- Things ALWAYS find a way of working out.  This is something that I have to remind myself about quite often.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I've blogged about it multiple times.  When we go through a trial we are able to make it through because we know that if we are trying that the Lord always has a plan and that things will just work out..eventually.  It's funny that the things I stressed out about 3 months ago aren't even an issue right now like I thought they were going to be.  I was worried about how I was going to take care of things and how I was going to live on my own and that's not even close to an issue right now.  I know it's because I put the Lord first, I pay my tithing, and I have Faith.  Things have just worked out.  

I got a promotion at work (Team Lead) which comes with a little more money.  It came just at the right time that I needed the morale boost AND things have fallen into place with getting an apartment in Layton with Amanda where I can save some money for a little while.  Things really just work out.  Of course that doesn't mean that we don't stress along the way, or that we don't have really long "down" periods sometimes, or that other issues don't or won't come up but I'm grateful for times like this.  It's a real testimony builder for me of God's love for each of his Children.  Even in the hardest times of my life, I've been reminded that things have ALWAYS work out at the right time they are meant to work out. Life can't suck for too long as long as you are opening your eyes to all the good around you.  

10- Life is good, people.  

No comments: