"You know who you remind me of?...Drew Barrymore in 50 First Dates."
- Camille (Mail Room Lady at work)
This is literally the third person I've heard this from over the last couple of years.. it's weird. 1.) Because I don't look like her. At all 2) She's way prettier and 3.) I'm not sure if it's actually a compliment because she was super weird in that movie. Camille said it's because of the way I talk. So there you go. Whatever. I'll take it!
"I love this."
-Easton going on about my old man crush
I mentioned in my last post that this old man kind of caught my eye last week. Super funny story and Easton was just loving it. I'm sure the excessive caffeine and late night had a little something to do with it... or simply the fact that I've never really talk about "crushes." haha meh. OVER IT.
"Jenn, go line dance with him!!"
-My Boss
You seriously tell one person that you have a slight old man crush and that turns into your boss finding out and making fun of you. I should have just listened to him and line danced with him. BAHAHA yeah right.
"Come on...I like to have fun and party!" -Nieko
"We had fun last night." -Grandma Jenn
"I like to have fun and party two nights in a row." -Nieko
Everyone needs to have at least one friend who wakes you up and makes you realize that life is too short to be sleepy and boring on the weekends. Thanks, Nieko Bird.
"Don't feel bad about your plant. It's not like it will come back to haunt you."
-Mom trying to reassure me that it was OK to get rid of my plant
I shouldn't even give people another reason to think I'm weird but I really do have an emotional connection with plants. This isn't new because I've talked about it before. Well, when my grandpa Stump died almost 4 years ago (next month), instead of picking some flowers to take home (because i've always hated how picked flowers in a vase just die) I decided to take home a beautiful peace Lilly. Long story short, I've kept the think alive and kicking for almost 4 years in the same original pot. The problem is that you can't do that. Plants need to eventually be repotted with new soil. I never did that because when I realized I needed to do it, I knew that it wouldn't make the transplant alive. Well, yesterday my mom finally convinced me that it was OK to let it go. There were still shiny green leaves but there was a lot of trimming and ugly at the base of the plant. I was sad. Scratch that, I'm still sad this morning. It really took me about an hour of thinking about it and talking about it before I bagged it up and put it to rest in the dumpster behind my apartment. SAD.
But really, what if plants did come back to haunt you? NIGHTMARE.
"SNAKES ON A PLANE!!!"
-Me to my mom over Facetime before she instantly hung up on me.
Sometimes my mom and I have the funniest conversations. We had a pause for a second and me, being super weird, instantly and randomly screamed, "SNAKES ON A PLANE" and she instantly hung up on me. You guys, my mom can't even hear the word "snake" without freaking out. In fact, I know she reads my blog and she probably didn't even finish reading this post or skipped to the next section because she's so terrified. I finally called her back and she said in the most serious voice ever, "Don't you say that nasty word. I'll hang up on you again." hahahaha I love my mom.
"Have you been dating a long time?" -Lady in my ward to another girl
"Yes." (Insert exaggerated eye roll and sigh) "Almost 3 months."
-Typical mormon girl
I almost didn't write this one down because it's embarrassing. I could go on and on about how I feel about these people. The girl sitting next to me heard me accidentally laugh out loud when I over heard this conversation and luckily she felt the same way I did. We couldn't stop laughing. People, 3 months is not a long time. That's not even a semester of college. Get freakin' real. I mean, It's your life, do whatever. Pull a Klohe Kardashian and get engaged after 9 days of knowing someone, whatever. But don't act like 3 months is 2 years. Bring yourself back from the clouds and embrace the fact that you're weird and don't try to make it seem better than it really is. Oh, and good luck with that relationship.
I'm done.
1 comment:
Hahahaha I miss being a part of these posts. Is that selfish? nah. I miss you!
Post a Comment