Minus the magical feeling and all that "stuff" that really isn't that important..It really was a great Christmas! Cole and I were able to be home for 5 and 1/2 days and were able to spend time with Mom, Dad, Jamie, James, Regan, Mason, Grandma Hansen and even some of our other Family members and some of my Best Friends who I don't get to see very often. That's honestly my favorite thing about Christmas... Well, first Celebrating the birth of our Savior (duh!) but just spending time with the people you love.
Of course there was shopping, watching movies, playing games eating, Coloring and playing with Mason (A LOT), opening gifts...did I say eating? [OMG, no wonder why we do New Year's resolutions... from all the JUNK that is shoved in our face over Christmas. ew. nightmare... but so good.] But here are some of my Highlights:
1-Dad made me do a solo run of making Grandma Hansen's stuffing this year. Now, you might think "Whoop-dee-doo." BUT..it's kind of a big deal. Grandma makes her stuffing from scratch and ever since I can remember.. the stuffing has always been the biggest hit at dinner. We all love it! Growing up I would always have to go over to Grandma's and Grandpa's on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve to help her with the stuffing. You'd think after 15+ years, I would have it down.. But I just always had grandma's help. [more like, I was the helper, but you get what I mean.] Don't worry... I killed it on the solo run! It was delish. It's kind of just nice to know that once grandma is gone [and I hope that is never but...you know what I mean] that I will be able to pass on that tradition. That is one of the main bonds I have with my grandma...Cooking! And it's something that none of the other grand kids have so, I feel pretty special!
2-Mason. That's a given. He turned 18 months on Christmas eve and he is just so much fun right now. He's in a coloring phase and it's super cute. At first he was saying "Todo" and I didn't know what he was saying but came to find out he was saying Color..and he kept saying that all week. He loves to color and I love coloring with him. The best part? He's totally going to be a lefty like his Auntie. {well, and his sissy and daddy.. but whatever.} He also is starting to say Auntie more! James called me today to let me know that he was changing Mason's diaper and Mason was NOT happy about it.. he was calling out for people to come and rescue him and he called out "AUNTIE!" in his cute little whiny voice. James was right.. that made my day. UGH I just love him to pieces. Christmas with kids is way more fun too. I mean, they get so many fun toys!! But my favorite thing right now with Mason is that he likes to copy things that you say/do. One of the nights we were there, Cole ordered pizza and I looked at mason and screamed "PIZZZAAAAAA" in a deep weird voice and he totally copied me. Best. thing.ever. Well, that and he always says "Hi Buddy" and I love that too. And his kisses and hugs.. haha ok, I'll stop now.
3- I love that Mom still makes sure that us kids have a fun Christmas even now that we are grown up. She still tries to get us fun surprises and still makes sure she waits to fill our stockings while we are asleep. It's the best. Oh, and she even got me one of the new Furby's because of this ongoing joke we have from the reaction I had to the last furby I got. For the record--I was only THAT excited back then because mom said that Santa might not be able to bring my one that year because EVERY kid wanted one. Well... Two furby's for me=LUCKY.. Don't worry, they are just as annoying as they were back then; it's a good time.
5- Les Miserables on Christmas night. omg. Sure, we made cole come with us and he couldn't get over how long it was but I was fully invested in it. So good!
6- On Sunday night I was able to spend time with my second Family--The Blaylocks as well as Megan and her Husband Benn and Julene. Honestly, I miss them when I'm not with them. It's funny to think that I have a special connection with all those blaylock kid's! Even though I don't get to see them very often, it's easy to pick right up and always have a blast--That's how Besties work :) I just love them and their cute little families!
Ok, I just realized that this could go on and on forever. I just wanted to make sure I jotted down that, although it didn't feel like it normally does, and we watched all of the Mighty Ducks movies instead of Christmas movies this year... It was a great Christmas spent with people I love!!
We made it home safely in the snow and I immediately took all the Christmas stuff down. Now it's time to curse the snow, exchange a few Christmas gifts..probably go tanning...AND celebrate the New Year! Can you believe it's already been a year since we celebrated the beginning of 2012? omg. Yeah, I'm just going to chalk it up to getting old, like grandma Hansen said.
No comments:
Post a Comment