"Did you get a magical jamba juice potion to make you feel better?"
-Random guy at work to another coworker who was SOBBING
Listen, home girl had been crying at work for the last two days because word around the cube on Friday was that she broke up with her boyfriend/almost fiance. But then this morning someone asked her how she was and for a minute I thought she was talking about her being pregnant because I heard her say things like, "It creeps me out that it's there." (which is totally something I could see myself saying) So then I was like "Omg, drama." (Don't judge. That's just how it goes in an office where you can hear people's conversations.) Well, then she was throwing around words like "sick" and "period," "doctor" and then "birth control" and "I feel OK about it." So over the sounds of the printer, typing and other people talking, I think she might have been crying/talking about something big like cancer or something. Idk. I decided to stop listening after that because I felt bad for being nosey even though, that's what happens when you talk so loud! But regardless, pretty sure a Jamba Juice isn't going to make her feel better. Still a titz too soon to joke about it I think, sir...especially when no one REALLY knows what is going on.
"You guys, I'm seriously going to cry."
-Keirsten
Here's the thing.. she believes a lot of the things that we say and we (especially Nieko) like to have fun with it. I didn't realize how much we joke around until one night, without even meaning to, we just kept being funny and making things up and she was believing them. But she really believed Nieko when he said that she should really apologize to Chris because she painted the twin towers on Cole's birthday gift which was the NYC skyline, and well... Nieko made up this thing about Chris having relatives that were involved in 9/11. He had her feeling so bad about it that she really was tearing up. So I need to give a shout out to Nieko because he's the BEST at it..and I'm just good at playing along. But I think for a moment she was really trying to figure out how she could talk to Chris about it without offending him more or making him more sad. After we told her the truth about it she said..:
"...I believed that Jenn and Cole's dad was a clown."
-Kiersten
BAHAHAHAHA. It's true. I'd forgotten that we just played off of something she had said and quickly convinced her that Tracy (my dad) went to clown school and is a legit clown for his job. ok, if you know my dad, just picture it and tell me that he didn't just laugh out loud? lolz.
Seriously, the best. We need to lay off a little though because she's not going to believe us someday when we really need her to believe.
"I wish I was black not some douche bag white boy.. can't even dance."
-Easton
Aside from the fact that he called himself a "douche bag white boy," The best part was how serious he was about dancing. Yes, we were watching Step Up Revolution, which, if you love dance movies, you NEED to watch it. Anyways, so he had total reason to be pumped up about dancing. The kid wants to dance. I get it, so do I..ESPECIALLY after watching that movie (2.5 times..the .5 was because we fast forwarded through the whole thing just to watch the dancing.) Anyways. Dear Easton, you don't have to wish to be a different race. Let's just take some dance lessons or something;) haha.
"Is he like, OK to drive?"
-Adrianna
You'd think that she was referring to someone who had been drinking or something, but that wouldn't be funny or unusual. She was basically asking if this one kid was SNEEDS (AKA: Special Needs..Thank you, Hyrum Blaylock). He isn't, I don't think at least. He's just super socially awkward. Remember me writing about a kid who followed me around for this year's entire Halloween Party at Jared's? Yeah, well she was talking about him.
Sad. but really...
"I don't want to get my hands dirty."
-Jared
De javu about this one, right? Let's rewind about a month when Jared kept using the wipies at BWW. He was serious when he said that he just really didn't like getting his hands dirty and Nieko and I couldn't stop laughing. Well, I realized the seriousness behind it when he didn't want to make a gingerbread house at FHE because he didn't want to get his hands dirty. haha. It's OK, Jared..we all have our "things."
"If the world is really going to end in two weeks then why the HECK are you at work?"
-Savanna to a coworker who was freaking out about the world ending.
"omg you're right, I'm going to quit..I want to spend my last few minutes on this earth with my cats."
-The cuckoo coworker's response
She said that this lady was for real. The best part was that her source for thinking that the world ending and stuff was ...Brian.Williams.
HAHAHAHAHA. Hashtag-- #catlady #crazypeople #someoneneedsaBForBFF ....#okthat'skindofsad