"Gotta go, my baby's sucking on batteries."
-Jamie
I doubt Mason was really sucking batteries, but who knows. It was just a really funny way to end our phone conversation.
Boys will be boys, though!
"Is this real life?!"
-Kier about the Hibachi guy's egg-cracking skills.
It's true, it's basically like magic the way those guys can crack those eggs. And I.love.magic, so I appreciated how excited Kier got with me about the whole deal.
"Yes. that JUST happened!!"
"Auntie."
-Mason
So after months of trying to get him to recognize that my name was "Jenn" and point me out as that (since he calls everyone else in the family by name..even the 3 dogs), we've found something that works for Mason. I'm sure it will take a while for him to get the hang of it but the best moment of the weekend was when I was holding him and I said "Where's Auntie?" and he touched my face with his little finger and said "Auntie." melt.my.heart. It wasn't even just a one time thing over the weekend either. Jamie would say, "Take that to auntie" and he'd bring me stuff...omg, you guys.. he's so smart and adorable!
"Ok, this really sounds like spelunking."
-Nieko in reference to Kiersten's work stories.
I contemplated even telling you what we were talking about in fear that I would make you gag even more that I kind of gagged when we were on the topic this last week.. but I have to in order for you to get the point. You guys, Kier works at an ER and well...she seems to have a lot of stories about.. putting things in and rummaging around ...."the basement." (if you know what I mean.)
haha so you can imagine how much I laughed/gagged when Nieko made his serious reference to spelunking. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
"Mmm smells like...Fancy Raman."
-Kier about the soup at Tepanyaki
She was right. It did smell like Fancy Raman.
"You don't like little things. Everything that's little you think is a nightmare." -Jamie, when talking to me about the "elf on the shelf"
"That's not true. I don't love trinkets but I love little tiny boxes, tiny puppies..."
"You don't like Oompa Lumpas, the munchkins from Wizard of OZ..Chucky...those are all little." -Jamie
Sure, she goes straight for all of the small creepy people/dolls from movies from my childhood that are LITERAL nightmares. But I really don't think that justifies her statement of "You don't like little things." I just don't like small life-like things who look like they want to hurt me. Elf On the Shelf isn't really life-like but I'm not saying that the concept doesn't creep me out a little...
that is all.
"Don't you just love all the Christmas music in here? :/"
-Way more feminine guy than myself at the checkout counter at Sephora
"haha. That bad huh?" -me
"*insert cheesy fake smile* I'd rather listen to death metal. And I HATE death metal."
-Same guy.
Don't worry, he remained cheery even though he was clearly hating the Christmas music. Maybe it was his sparkly eye shadow that gave his eyes a happy/cheery pop!? or the fact that you could just tell that he LOVED his job. I would too. Any make up lover would be in heaven. idk... He was funny!
"Here. Let me get that, girls shouldn't lift stuff like this.."
-Jared as he took the table I was trying to lift
"Aww, :) that's so.." -Me, in shock
"..They should be making sandwiches." -Jared.
Just when you think he's being a nice gentlemen he throws in a nice sarcastic jab straight to the lady parts. I knew he was joking so I got a good laugh at it. But if the 50% truth thing is really true then, well, he's got something coming for him ;) *Shakes fist*
No comments:
Post a Comment