Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Taco Bell Miracle

I will admit that my friends and I went to Taco Bell quite a bit during my last year of school. Well, I hadn't been to Taco Bell since I left Rexburg and Jamie and I decided that after a day of moving into the new apartment we deserved some Taco Bell!

We drove up to the drive through and placed our order which included 2 of the little $2.00 meals and a Cheesy Gordita Crunch. The girl at the window, we'll just call her "Maria" said, "thank you, that will be $2.05 cents at the next window." Jamie and I looked at each other confused, thinking that maybe we just heard her wrong. We got to the window and again, Marie said, "$2.05 cents." We laughed and Jamie said, "ummm can you please tell us what you got down for our order?" She replied with everything we had ordered. Jamie handed her my card and we both continued to chuckle thinking maybe we just really heard her wrong. Then we kept going over the situation asking ourselves the following questions:

"what number sounds like the number 2? Maybe we just misunderstood her."
"We totally gave her enough chances to catch her mistake.."
"Are we like the millionth customer or something?"

Anyways Maria gave me my card back, no receipt of course and handed us our bag of food. Everything was there. I even got on my BB and checked my bank account. Surely enough, $2.05. ...I mean REALLY? Even if we only got one of the $2.00 meals, it would have been like $2.13... How could she get it THAT wrong?

We spent the whole drive to RC Willey talking about our Taco Bell Miracle.. eating and laughing about the whole situation while singing "God Bless America" and shouting "Viva La Mexico!!"

But we figured we gave her enough time to catch it... It's a TACO BELL MIRACLE!!!



1 comment:

Lynsey said...

Sounds like you're racial profiling with the name "Maria". :)