That and...I've also been able to really take a good look at the people that go to the singles ward. Not that I'm judging them or anything--There are nice people everywhere I go but I swear that each ward is made up with similar groups of people. (While I evaluate these groups of people, I'm not trying to be rude.. it's just something that I do and I can't help it, plus I've sure they are evaluating me, the new girl, as well.)
1- The group of attractive boys who fill up an entire row of the chapel who never have girls sitting with them. I find this group to be the most fascinating. I mean, really boys? You're cute. And there are CLEARLY more girls than guys in the ward.. get with it!
2- Then there are the girls who decide that they are going to make a huge fashion statement because they think they are being "different," "retro," "urban," hippie-chic." Don't get me wrong, i'm totally down with the girls who can take complete mismatching clothes and rock it. But quite frankly, some of it does not work. And I wish they would understand that some of these bold colors (including tights) don't work for church.
3- Along with the last group are the girls who didn't get the memo that we have dress standards we try to live by. Things haven't changed. Skirts and dresses that hit the mid-thigh are not appropriate for church. I've noticed this even more since I've been in Utah. Yeah, the dresses are cute but that doesn't justify it for church. And if you're going to wear them--do us all a favor and learn to sit in them with out showing us your brittney. Thanks!
Clearly there are more groups but these are the ones that really got me thinking today.
Oh and I totally made a new friend today! We have plans to go to a ward activity together. Step One: Meet a cute/normal girl to attend church activities with--CHECK!
No comments:
Post a Comment