I walked into the conference room only to be faced with TWENTY Franklin Covey Consultants. GAHH:/ I had no clue I was going to be doing that today. But, I found it to be quite rewarding. I was able to answer questions about the "meeting planning" process for these VA seminars and what they can expect down the road. (which is great because it means that will be 20 less people calling me asking questions about which seminar they are going to be teaching. Basically... they'll get off my back a little:) )
Anyways, I walked into the room and the consultants began clapping. It was nice to be recognized for helping these new programs get up and going. I felt appreciated.. I also felt that I wish I would have known I was going to be doing that today because I would have like, done my hair better than my recently common pony tail or something.
Anyways, these people teach groups all over the country and I was addressing them about the logistic side of the programs. and well.. I rocked it! I actually knew what I was talking about. Kind of a big deal for me :)
The best part, however, was putting faces to all of these people/names I've been working with so much. They each had a name tent sitting in front of them so I was immediately able to recognize them. I had to stop myself from chuckling a few times when I was addressing the group, mostly because I didn't picture them looking like that at all!!! It's like reading Twilight and having your idea of what Edward is supposed to be like and then you see him in the movie and you're like "What the Heck?" or when they casted the character Eric and he's totally Chinese.. yeah, I was shocked with that one.
Anyways, here are a few of the thoughts I had when I met these consultants:
hmmm..You're the guy who always gives me motivational advice and uses the salutation of "Blessings" in your e-mails and I ALWAYS get a chuckle out of it.. HA! You're kind of a hippie! I love it.
..not that it matters, but I know clue you were black.
...OH, ..you're a man..........this is awkward!
It was a successful day. I wish I could have met ALL of the consultants because after I answered these questions, my phone rang a few less times today. Interesting.. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment