Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Apartment Confessions: New Look/New Me.

OK, So people (mostly my mother) have been asking to see pictures of my apartment. Well, you're going to have to wait 5-7 days until my rugs are delivered from Urban Outfitters. I'll admit, I'm excited to add a little splash of color to my "look" with these rugs. I think that they (and the future decorating in the living room that I've yet to do) will really add to the apartment as a whole. So, I will post pics soon! Good thing I don't have any visitors yet because it is not "visitor/friend" ready. I'm working on it.

I still need to figure out the power cord situation with my TV.. what mess. I'm just a freak when it comes to clutter and disorganization. I think that describes my loathe of trinkets. So this last week (OK, two days), I've actually been trying something new by trying to not let the imprefection (meaning not everything has to be black, in line or completely organized). I've realized that maybe I am so anal about things because since I've been on my own I've always made sure that things super organized and in line.

I think you'd be proud though. My rugs are COLORED and my dining room table is brown (this is a long story, but one wrong table, a heavy haul up the stairs and 2 dramatic breakdowns later.. I decided to keep it. Hence this whole "new look/me" thing..Because we all know that I don't "do" brown.) Well, you better believe it. I think this is a new beginning for me. You make think it's funny but it's totally a big deal for me. Sad. I'm working on it though.

Stay tuned for pics.

3 comments:

Savanna said...

Dear Jenn,

Change is good, not being trying to be perfect all the time is good, and having color and a little disorganization sometimes is also good. Glad to hear you let yourself live a little. Love you much!

monica said...

cant wait!

Jackson 5 said...

I know what you mean!!! I think back on the way I grew up and find it funny that I don't really like to camp, I hate getting dirty, I get my nails done done every two weeks, I haven't riden a horse in years, and I live in the city. WHAT HAPPENED?