But why does it hurt so much more when it comes from the people we love the most? The only thing I've been able to come up with yet is that it's because we love them so much and think so highly of them that we become disappointed in them--shocked, even.
Simply stated: it hurts more because we love them more.
I just think it's funny that at 25 I'm just barely starting to grasp this concept. But I'm learning more and more everyday.
Like, I've learned that we don't know exactly what some people are going through. So maybe you got burned by someone you love...It's easy to wash your hands clean of people who you don't care about as much. I guess I kind of get why people keep going back to Ex's in some of these TV shows I've been watching. Because, even though someone did wrong by them..they love that person so much that they have to give them another chance.
Sure, it's easy to lose trust, and harder to gain it back... but the best part is that it CAN be earned back. I'm not saying that it will be easy, but you just have to start admitting to the "why's," ask for help and forgiveness, and realize that lying won't get you ANYWHERE in the end.
I firmly believe that people deserve a second chance to be understood. So, no matter which side of it you are on..don't give up on people you love, but don't go handing out your trust for free.
------But when it comes to me...all I need is for you to tell me why and to help me understand and I promise I won't give up on you...because I love you :)
No comments:
Post a Comment