Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Synthesize Me.

I've decided that I should write a song and hit the recording studio right away. I mean, if Kim Zociack, Heidi Montag and EVEN Spencer Pratt can do it? Seriously! Why not?

If anyone has a good idea for a song that is more original than about "not being tardy for the party" (Don't get it twisted...I've had this song in my head all day) or about "going to work" (idk what "work" Spencer is even talking about), or about a ring that didn't mean a thing to you, then, by all means please let me know.

You can turn on the radio and see that the key to having a "hit" song is to come up with that one great line, phrase or the perfect combo of two or three words, put it with a nice beat and other words that probably don't make sense but sound good, and you've got yourself a hit song. OH, and if you're worried about not having a good voice? It doesn't matter.... they can just synthesize the crap out of your recording and you've got a "hit" track.

Need Proof?:



It's like "oh, I've got these lyrics to a song" and then WHAM they are on itunes? really?!

Don't worry, I've downloaded the "I AM T PAIN" app (the sweetest app for real) on my Touch, so I know that my voice sounds pretty good auto-tuned so I think I could make it big. I just need...well, the lyric part. Coleman suggested that it's got to say "Shawty" in there somewhere. Does he not know that I'm a caucasian woman?

Alright, so it's no really my dream to be a singers, even though I think it would be pretty cool to have a hit track on iTunes!

I guess my point to this is not to bag on the musicians and people of the world who are truly talented and are waiting for their opportunity to make it big as a singer/artist...As a music lover, I'm just frustrated with the reality TV stars and "celebs" who think they can sing and call themselves "recording artists." Forget the song on the radio that has poor lyrics and is all auto tuned and play Mayday Parade, more Eminem (edited of course) or more of the JB's and Greyson Michael Chance's of the world who are good and passionate about what they do and make things happen for themselves.

I guess my advice to you blogger friends who dream about making it big but have doubt can best be described in a monologue by Whoppi Goldburg in Sister Act 2:

"If you wake up in the morning and you can't think about anything but singin' first... then you're supposed to be a singer girl (or guy)!"

Maybe this is what drives Spedi?.....nah!


No comments: