Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The day I used all of my arcade tickets to buy a slinky at Boondocks.

One of my friends and I have been talking about getting a little group together to head to Vegas for a weekend. So fun, right? Well after my little trip to the arcade at Boondocks last night, I've realized that if we do go, I'm really going to have to prepare myself.

Usually if I know that I'm going to love something so much I just won't start because I know that in the end I will get myself into trouble. It's like eating carbs and sweets or taking on watching that new show on Bravo that you'd love to watch but you know that you really don't have the time....

Anyways, last night we decided to go to Boondocks for some NAT (niece appreciation time) with Regan. We started with the Go Karts and then went on to Laser Tag (which btw is one of my favorite things to do I've decided. I was so hardcore last night...granted, I was playing against a bunch of trash talking little boys but I kicked there butts and made sure they knew it).
Next, it was on to the Arcade. Normally, I'm not into all the games and spending money to play them but there is just something about playing a game and watching all of the tickets come out. Here's where boondocks gets ya: They give you a $5 money card in the package you purchase knowing that the money is going to run out super fast and that you will be so addicted to a certain game by the time your $5 card runs out that you will HAVE to load more money onto the card. They are good.

Of course I was hooked on a game that was $1.00 a play. Get this.. you only push A button. Just one. I wasn't the only one addicted to it. This little girl, probably 7 yrs old kept swiping her card and playing over and over again. I couldn't help but wonder where all of her money was coming from. Whatever. She was a show off. I would only get 4 tickets most of the time and of course she would get 20 or 35 each time. There was one time she almost got the Jackpot. Needless to say, I was making a scene.

I spent like $10 and only ended up getting 123 tickets. That's it. It may seem like a big number but it's not when you have to have at least 100 tickets to get anything semi-cool. But even a 23 year old woman who works hard for her money was still excited to turn those tickets in for a Rainbow Slinky and 5 peace sign temporary tattoos.

Sure, I could have gone to the dollar store and bought a slinky for $1 but where's the fun in that? Nope. Instead, I am the owner of a $10 Slinky. Don't worry, I love it. I've been playing with it ever since. In fact, it's sitting on my lap right now.

Moral of the story is... I WILL go to Vegas but I WILL be sure to have a certain amount set aside to gamble and that will be that!

1 comment:

Alex Trost said...

Oh Jenn, we are so alike!