Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Just an update.

So per usual I feel like I've been really busy and haven't made any time to update my blog with "the haps" of my life. The low down. The 411..ok, you get it.  Anyways it's 100% because outside of work my life has been semi-uneventful for the most part.  However, like I said, I feel like I'm busy most of the time. I don't know what I'm doing but that's how it's been.

Update on me--

I finally got the apartment lease figured out this week.  That had been stressing me out for a while but I get that way every time my lease is up.  I just hate committing to 6, 10 or 12 months when I don't know what I'm doing with my life really and I don't know what Cole is doing ... mostly the latter part is the thing that makes a huge difference on what I'm doing and where I am.  As much as it stresses me out sometimes, I wouldn't have it any other way right now.  I've learned a lot having my brother here with me.  We don't get along all the time just as we don't understand each other all the time but he really has become one of my best friends.  No matter how crazy things get sometimes and how stressed out I get occasionally, at the end of the day, we are family and in my world you do anything for family.  It's been an eventful journey to say the least.  So Sam will be moving out soon to go back to Canada to sell for the summer so it will be back to Cole and I living by ourselves.  Of course there are pros and cons to it.  The con being that it has definitely been a blessing having Sam help with rent while Cole was without a job.  Luckily the Lord continues to bless me/us (it's totally because I pay my tithing, I know it) and Cole was hired back on at Peterson's Farm Supply last month.  The job isn't totally full time but it couldn't have come at a better time.  We don't have everything figured out--where we are going, what we they heck we are doing all the time, but we have Faith that it will work out.  That's honestly what gets me through everyday!

I basically just feel better right now knowing where I will be for the next 6 months and can breathe until until a few months down the road where I will have to take another self evaluation to see where I am, what the brother is doing and go from there.  I know I've been talking about "where I will be" for a while now and I always end up staying... I guess that's the joys of being a mid-single adult [ haha again with that title. I hate it] and a super rad/loving/caring big sister :) haha....I will let you know how I'm feeling about it all in the next few months and how things have changed at that point. Things are always changing.

This stage of life is hard.  I was talking to Nieko last night about him Graduating this year and I really thought about how hard that part of my life was because I had no clue what I was going to do or where I was supposed to go, but I knew that what I decided and the direction I went would determine who I'd become and would play a huge part in my future.  That was scary.  I never thought I'd be here almost three years later.  Life just keeps going and keeps surprising more everyday.  Sure I still have that struggle to want to do more, save more, serve more, love more...we always want more.  But I think that's what keeps us going... I'm just needing a few things to work out for people around me so that I can let myself do what I need to do.  I don't know what that is yet, but I just feel it in my bones. HA. I'm just patiently waiting for a few things to play out.  But I know that things will work out because they always do and I'm never going to give up.  Life gets hard.. but it always gets better before it gets hard again.  I'm realizing that even on the hard days, there are always things to be grateful for.

It's all about Faith.

Update on the rest of the Family/life--

So I mentioned that Jamie and her family are moving.  This has been kind of tough for our family.  We don't want them to move but it's happening whether we like it or not.  That's life, right?  I spent about two weeks not talking to anyone about it because I was so upset.  I know I don't live in Idaho with them right now, but there was always comfort knowing that I was a 5 hour drive away and that I could hop in the car and be there for a weekend if I wanted too.  That's not going to be the case anymore.  Instead I will have to save for plane tickets and will be going to DC for any trip I go on for the next two years.  Basically I will probably only see them twice a year.  It's hard knowing that but I had a little come to Jesus moment one morning and realized that I wasn't being supportive of my sister who is one of my favorite people in this world.  So.. I'm working on that.  I'm happy thing things are falling into place for them.  They sold their house before it even went on the market, James is already in DC and it's just working.  Jamie, Regan and Mason will have to live with Grandma Hansen and M&D for about a month and then they will be leaving in May.  It's going to be hard and I'm really going to miss that Mason boy.  In fact, I just started crying thinking about it.  great.  My heart hurts a little but that's mostly because I just love them so much and ... I'm selfish :)

Back to that faith thing, right?! 

The moving thing will be even harder for my parents, who, for the record are totally getting soft in their older years.  Mom has been and always will be but that Dad of mine... he's just a giant teddy bear these days who loves his kids/grand kids more than anything.  If they had it their way we would all move home to be around them.  But that would be a perfect world.. and this world isn't perfect.  They will be fine. We will be fine.  Jamie and her family will be fine over there.  It will be hard but we will be fine :) haha. fine.  Thank goodness we all have FaceTime! amen.

So there you go.  I hope it didn't sound depressing... But that's what's going on right now. Oh and Liz totally leaves for her mission on Wednesday.  I can't believe it.  People are just growing up. *tear* Ok, I've got to stop.

Sum of it all--
Things work out.  They always do.  I'm just having a good time watching it all happen.
Keep the faith :)


No comments: