Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A while ago I wrote about how I have this thing where people, even those I barely know, feel the need to just spill everything about their life to me.  I don't mind it really.  In fact, I LOVE that people trust me and I love hearing about what people are going through for these reasons:

1.) It usually reassures me that my life isn't THAT crazy all the time
2.) I enjoy learning about how people cope with things 
3.) I like understanding why people are the way that they are
4.) It teaches me to judge a little less because you never really know what people are going through.

Yesterday I had someone come and tell me some things that left me heartbroken.  It's true that you don't always know what secrets people have, what goes on at home, with their relationships, and in their heads.  Sometimes it's easy for us to get so caught up in our own lives that we forget to ask people how they are really doing and to really mean it when we are asking.  I'm guilty and I want to do better at that.

( Seriously, I swear my blog (Journal-crap thing) is becoming all about things I occasionally fail at and want to do better.  But it really does help me, I swear. )

I'm not sure why people do some of the horrible things that they do, why some hurt people they "love", why people lie, why they cheat, or why they get sad and depressed.  It's just life I guess.  But the best part about life is that we get to choose to be the person that we want to be.  If we don't like the situation that we're in, there is ALWAYS a way out.  It just might take a hint of courage, a dash of hard work and little bit of faith and trust to make it happen.  But it's DOABLE :) 

I sometimes listen to things people are going through or about their past and how they let it define who they are and that makes me sad.  Most of the time we don't change our situations because we are scared or because we don't think we deserve something better.  But if you are a good person, then you deserve to have a good life and to be happy and safe.  So carry yourself that way and don't accept anything less for yourself.

I wish I could shake a few people and tell them that they will never be truly happy until they let the past go and look forward in Faith that things will get better if they just try... but we all know that it's something each individual has to do for themselves.  But I do know this--If you don't make any changes, things will never get better. So decide what makes you happy and don't let go of it. [and no, I'm not talking about cupcakes;)].

Out with the bad/toxic.. in with the good.

I guess my whole point to this is that you honestly never know what personal struggles people are going through. The deep ones....Even the closest of friends have things they don't admit out loud.  I just honestly don't want to be that person that pushes someone over the edge or gets in the way of them having a breakthrough or a good day.

So let's try to be a little more understanding and caring today and take a second to listen.  Who knows what kind of an impact you could make on helping someone get out of a bad situation or in changing their day/life.

Oh, and let's work on being nicer to ourselves too while we're at it:)

I could totally quote the Help right now.  Actually, no, I will:

You is kind.
You is smart.
You is important.
.....so act like it.

No comments: