There are a few things that I've decided are good medicine for me:
1.) Family
2.) Friends
3.) The Gospel
4.) and... Planning a dang good party.
I was able to take a quick trip down to Rexburg for Savanna's 26th birthday party. We decided to throw the cutest little black and white party. This is the set up I came up with the help of some great little bar tenders.

Really though.. I think that I should start bar tending on the weekends or something because I would totally get great tips; even the sober people were diggin' my drinks!..oh wait, we were all sober :) That's the best part!We had a cute set up, a good turn out and a great time. It's insane how much I find joy in planning...it's sickening actually.
But the weekend was spent with great medicine. I mean, I wasn't with my family, but I was with friends who are like family. It was a weekend spent with a bunch of my closest friends which is always a good time in my book. Lets not forget to mention that I got to see Mandy Atwood!! To say that I'm totally obsessed with that girl is an understatement. It's funny that we hadn't seen each other for two years but things was just the same as it was when she left. She will always be a BFF of mine. I love that woman and the fact that she was able to become instant friends with all of mine! On Friday Hyrum and I took her to meet Alex and his roommates and Flo and Janna and some other people that I didn't really know.. we caught up with each others lives, played games I can't even pronounce the name of, ran, danced around, witnessed an intense missionary tag collision and laughed like crazy. That on top of the birthday party made it an all-around good weekend with people I love followed with the ever so familiar drive back to reality, which, as depressing as it sounds, is always necessary.
....there are some changes coming around the corner for me..personal things that I should have done/fixed a while ago. I'm feeling better already :) Stay tuned.
2 comments:
Why is it that coming back to Wendy and I is always a drag...rude:)
Whatever! You and Wendy are my favorite part about coming back :)
Post a Comment