Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

NBD..

I was flipping through the channels today and decided to watch "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." I hadn't seen it in a long time and I forgot how funny it is! I especially got a kick out of the intro of the movie... The father tells his daughter that she's getting old and she needs to get married. Now, I'm not saying that my Dad has done this to me. On the contrary.. he's never even mentioned it except for the time I told him that I'd maybe like to serve a mission and he replied with "you should get married instead...." Thanks Dad?

I'm sure any single, normal mormon girl can totally relate to the daughter in the movie as she goes on to say the following (Please note that I nixed the word "Greek" that she uses and replaced it with "Mormon."

She says: "...Because nice Mormon girls are supposed to do three things in life: marry a mormon boy, make mormon babies, and feed everyone.....until the day we die."

HAHA. I'm not complaining... It's totally a good plan. I'm just a little touchy about the subject because since my older sister is getting married.. a handful of people have come up to asking, "When are you going to get married?" or "Well Jenn, you're next...right?!"

Seriously??? You need to step off and get off my back, yo! If I was really concerned about it at all I would agree to an arranged marriage or something....

Oh wait, we don't do those.... HA!

And for the record--I'm only 22! Thanks people :)



5 comments:

Lynsey said...

Amen sister. So sick of being bugged about dating and marriage. My mom is always bugging me about it. It's not like I have any control over it! Sheesh!

Savanna said...

Wait until the day off, or the reception, it's even worse!

Jenn said...

OH GREAT!!! I don't know if I'm prepared for that....

running granny green said...

At least you are blonde!

Jenn said...

True Carol, True!