"Why are you calling yourself 'Jennifer?' Your name is Jenn."
-Jamie
I don't know why but I just have this thing where I introduce myself to people as "Jennifer." Along with that, I also usually answer my work phone saying "FranklinCovey, This is Jennifer!" Apparently Jamie doesn't like it. Actually, multiple people have asked why I introduce myself as Jennifer because they just know me as "Jenn" I guess. I've thought a lot about this and I do it because my name is actually Jennifer.
I guess I just have an internal conflict with my name. Jennifer is more professional but impersonal, I feel and Jenn seems really casual sometimes. Then there is Jenny that I used to only let Grandpa Stump get away with calling me but Nieko and Kier call me that now occasionally and I've just gotten used to it. ugh. WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY NAMES?! WHO AM I?
jk. that's dramatic. I guess I will stick with this rule: I am "Jennifer" to those I just meet, "Jenn" to friends and family and other people I like...
Actually call me whatever you want, I don't feel like a Jenn or a Jennifer anyways.
Names are weird.
The end.
"Did you know that I function at optimal levels with minimal sleep?"
-Easton
Last sunday Easton came over and he was the funniest, most hyper boy. We've figured out that he only gets like that when he's super sleepy. I wish he was like this more often because he just says the most random things. At one point of the night he just looked at me in the most serious face after going off on some other topic and said this ^^. He was serious.
Don't worry, I asked him if he was on drugs. He was not.
"I love your watch! Is that Michael Kors?!"
-Worker at Bath and Body Works at the check out stand
"HA! no. I legit got this for 15 bucks on veryjane.com." -Me
I didn't mean to laugh in her face. I love that she thought my cheap gold watch was expensive. I sometimes just talk without thinking. But really? I was dressed so slummy that night because my only mission was to get in and out of the mall without being noticed and purchase new holiday soaps and lotions because I was out. I was half way between homeless and business casual. Do you think I would be wearing a Michael Kors watch? I don't think so.
I should have just lied.
"I don't ever remember hugging my brother, Dan."
-Amanda
"My mom says she doesn't have to tell us she loves us because we already know."
-Nieko
While having a conversation about hugging with Amanda and Nieko I realized that my family is a really lovey, touchy-feely kind of family. We just always hug, kiss, and say "I love you" whenever we are around each other or talking to each other. I have nothing against families who don't ever do that, my family is just opposite. I was dying when Nieko and Amanda were telling me all about it. I know their parents and families love each other just as much as mine does but it's just funny how people are raised differently and how some people just don't have to be told that someone loves them or be hugged to be comforted or to feel loved.
I guess I don't have to be hugged to know that someone cares, but I do love it. I will agree that hugging is kind of a weird thing if you really sit and think about it, but it is a good feeling. It's like, "Hey, you're awesome-- Let's embrace as we greet or part ways" hahahahah. OK, it's equal parts weird and fun, I feel. Just don't nuzzle my neck or embrace for too long. Then it just gets weird.
....Oh last weekend and all the hugging. lol
I spent a good portion of the rest of that night trying to get Nieko to agree to hugging his mom and his brother for his birthday next week. He said no.
"I got bored and googled, "Jennifer Hansen, Zac Efron."
-Rob, coworker
The best/sad part was that my "gorgeous" pinterest board of guys that I will never have or meet pulled up as the first result. I just laughed but really I was a little embarrassed at first. Am I obsessive? I don't think so. I just really appreciate good looking human beings, namely Zac Efron and other hot celebs with facial hair. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. You try and find an awesome girl who hasn't pinned a picture or two {or 20} of their celeb crush or other hot Hollywood men, and then we can talk about it.
I think the best was that he randomly googled me and told me about it. I stalk people on FIT (facebook, instagram, twitter) all the time, but I don't tell them about it. I keep that crap to myself and other people I gossip with... Wow, I'm horrible.
But honest ;)
whatever.
"Why haven't you blogged in one hundred years? I NEED your blog." -Jamie
"I just want my life to be a little bit of a mystery." -Me
"Good excuse for being lazy." -Jamie
She's right. Apparently a couple of people still check my blog daily even though I've been doing really bad at keeping it updated. Yes, I've been lazy. But I also just have been less than creative and imaginative. I'll work on it for you, Jaym :) But really, if you have a topic you'd like me to spout off about, you know I'll do it. I told you I would take requests. HA.
I'll do better.
*hangs head in shame*
2 comments:
THANK YOU!!!
Blog about Halloween. Seems like every single day you have something fun to post. But seriously I check your blog daily:) stalker status
Post a Comment