"Mason, is that another little ship to go with your big one?"
-me
"This a boat, tha(t)'s a ship." *insert look of disgust
-Mason
The kid is two and he totally schooled me. This happened at the end of last week and I'm still laughing about it. I knew it was a boat but I didn't know that the precious two year old knew the difference between a boat and a ship. News flash to Auntie.. he does.
He's so smart. In fact he called my all by himself on Facetime with the iPad yesterday morning. Normally when he accidentally calls me he ends up hanging up before he even connects.. but this morning he called me, waited for it to connect, talked to me and hung up after we exchanged "i love you's" and "goodbyes." He's getting so big.. I could cry. I asked Jamie about it later and she said she had no clue that he called and talked to me.
He had his cute mickey mouse headphones on so she couldn't hear it. As if knowing the difference between a boat and a ship wasn't enough, Jamie said that he knows what my name looks like and will pick it when they are ready to facetime me. That kid. Smarter than me at the age of 2. Jamie, we're in for some trouble!
"I just don't love that they think but can't talk."
-Me to Jamie about dogs
"You would think that because you're creepy and you think way too deep into things."
-Jamie
I'm not going to even argue with her. I do think way deep into things that don't really matter. I can't help the way that my brain thinks! But you think about that and tell me that it doesn't weird you out that animals can think and have feelings but they can't talk. It's weird to me. Creeps me out a little actually.
"I can't do this anymore..."
-Easton who apparently was just really tired
By the way he was saying this over and over again you would think that he was just really hating his life and was inches away from ending it. But nope, he was just tired and didn't want to get up off of my comfortable floor. My floor isn't comfortable, he was just overly tired.
..and everyone used to call me the dramatic one. HA!
"I just now realized that nuns were Catholic."
-Amanda while watching Sound of Music
haha. The best. I have to give it to her that she realized it when she saw the Pope in the movie. So at least she got the right church when she saw the pope. 10 points for my roommate :)
P.s. 4 things I've realized about that movie now that I'm older:
1.) I actually understand why they were running away. I kind of got it before.. I mean, they were running away from something bad but I just never understood the whole "Captain not wanting to be a Nazi thing." Makes a lot more sense now. hahaha.
2.) Ralph is still a douche.
3.) Frederick is the ultimate creeper.
4.) That one scene where that mother Nun sings a solo is still boring. We FF'ed through that fo sho! Some things never change.
"What's in that cup of yours?"
-Coworker
This isn't the first time people at work have asked me that question. I'm not even that crazy at work as I can be outside of work, I just sometimes like to dance when I'm walking through the call center part of our building. Someone has to give people a reason to smile at work! I'm just glad that person is me... Even if they think I'm drinking on the job. I'm just a fun person and like to have a good time. Sue me.
"I hate the dentist"
"Did you know that cavities are contagious?"
"Officially a Hansen"
-Kier via three different snap chats all in one afternoon
I told my mom about these and she died laughing. Of course we're not laughing that she had a cavity.. that would be rude. But it's so typical. Hansen's have bad teeth. That's just the way that it is. I'm pretty sure I take the crown in bad teeth though (pun intended). But Kier, welcome to the family.
Oh yeah, I totally heard once that if you have bad teeth or cavities you aren't supposed to kiss your babies and stuff so that you don't curse them with your bad teeth. Luckily I officially have mine all in check.. for now! Actually (LOL) my dentist said that my teeth look a million times better than they did when we first started our expensive journey 2 years ago. All I have to say is God Bless Double Insurance!... for two more weeks.
omg, I'm turning 26. WAHHHHHHH. :(
"You just have to penetrate all the different groups in the ward...silly mormons and their 'groups'."
-Random girl in the ward to Amanda and I
I think out of all of things someone has told me in a new ward, this is by far my favorite quote. I instantly looked at Amanda as she walked away and quoted the movie, "Pitch Perfect." ("Noooooot a good enough excuse to use the word penetrate.")
I mean, really.. was it necessary to use the word penetrate?
never. Never ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment