Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wednesday (long explanation edition)

"A radio station is coming tomorrow [to the rink] and you can enter to win Michael Buble' tickets and I kind of want to win them."
-Nieko
If you know these guys like I do then we probably also would be a little shocked that they love Michael Buble.  I guess it started last year when his songs would play every hour on the hour while they were working at the rink.  Nieko and I had a whole text conversation about Michael Buble, wanting to go to his concert, quoting some of the lyrics and how he was (and I quote) "their nigga." 

omg. I can't.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! I'm so happy! I feel like I just got told I'm going to Disney World." *insert cutest tears of joy
-Kier after getting her early Half Birthday Surprise from Cole on Friday night.

Back story to all of this is that Kiersten loves Relient K.  Who knew? I didn't until last week.  Well anyways, apparently she found out that they were coming to SLC with Motion City Soundtrack so she tried to get tickets. {I'm surprised they still do concerts. They old.}  I'm not sure what happened but she thought they were sold out or something.  So flash forward a little bit to last Friday when Cole realized there were some tickets available so he bought them.  Since her half birthday isn't until the day after my birthday and we will be in Idaho and the concert is THIS friday (as in two days away) he decided he was going to give them to her that night on our way to shopping and the movies.  

He played Relient K the entire way to Farmington in my car.  We were singing and I was asking questions about them ( she didn't think anything of it) and she spilled about how much she loved them and how she's seen them a whole bunch of times but LOVES them.  Finally as we were pulling into the Nordstrom Rack he said that he had her Half Birthday present early and that she should guess what it was.  She had no clue.  Finally he was like "it's something that's next week." Still.. no clue.  So finally I just turned up the radio really loud since Relient K was still playing.. her eyes got huge and she screamed all of these things above and was literally CRYING. She was so excited.  It really was like she was told he was going to Disney World.. or won the lottery.  I wish I would have gotten it on video.  I was dying laughing.  She loves them.. but I also feel like she just really likes surprises.  haha Good job, brother :) 

"On a scale of one to Sherri Dew, how single are you at this very moment."
-Mandy
Is this not the funniest thing you've heard all day? (not the fact that she was asking if I was single because clearly I always am.  Ok..ok, that part is hilarious too) If you're not LDS then the joke is that Sherri Dew is this successful older lady in our Church who never got married.  The end. I was DYING laughing.  Not at Ms. Dew's expense of course.  That would just be rude.

Anyways, Mandy somehow got this bright idea that I should meet up with this friend of hers and go on a "friend date."  She was pushing it so hard that day because she thought it was just the  best idea she's ever had.  I of course told her how I don't date.. not that I don't want to but that I just..haven't really. All things that she already knows about me. She went on to tell me that we should just be friends because we'd really get along.  haha she's funny.  She even gave him the link to this blog.  Hopefully he doesn't read this and realize how strange I am.  (Hey dude, if you're reading this..."heyyyyy." hahaha. jk. That was awkward. Can't.Stop.Laughing.)  oh my life.  To make matters worse, I even was Facebook Stalking him on my phone because she told me too and I guess I accidentally added him on Facebook.  It was a nightmare.  Good thing I only cared for like 5 seconds and then got over that real fast.  Whatever!

me=sherri dew status 4 liiiiiiiiife. what?whaaaaaaatt?

jk, mom! If only I could be as spiritual and successful as her ;)

"Ohhh!!! This is the new Batman Trailer!" -Sam
"Not it's not." -me
"Yeah Huh! Keanu Reeves is the new Batman." -Sam
"..No.  Ben Affleck is.  BAHAHA You were sooo wrong." -Me
He was a little hyper that night during the movie.  He knows that one of my biggest pet peeves is when people ask questions during movies that you don't know the answer too.. Luckily he got all of his talking out during the previews.  He was just so sure that Keanu was the new Batman.  First of all, in my book, that would be the worst thing to happen since "Heroes" and "My Life as Liz" just never came back to TV and they left us hanging.  Horrible.  Just like Keanu Reeves is HORRIBLE.  Not as horrible as Nicholas Cage, but I digress.

Sorry to point it out Sam, but you we were so wrong.

What he wasn't wrong about was when he told me that his last inch of his Slim Jim "jerky" looked like a "dried up umbilical chord."  He was right.  It was disgusting. 


"I'm a high up, high salary OR doctor."
-Doctor Douche Bag
I had the worst/most entertaining phone call come in yesterday to work.  Long story short since I'm on the government team at work and with all the stuff that's been going on we've been having a lot of seminars cancel and reschedule for later.  Apparently Dr. DB was too busy "saving lives" and "preforming intense surgeries" that he didn't check his email to see that his course was cancelled.  He gave me an earful about how much money he makes and the time he wasted trying to get to a seminar that was canceled.  He even at one point said he had to show up to work in his "street clothes" and it was embarrassing.  I of course was super nice and apologetic even though it wasn't my fault but I just couldn't even take how rude this guy was.  Out of 30 people he was the only one to show up.. hmmm.. sounds like a personal issue.  The fact of the matter is that, yes, it sucks that he had a "hellish day."  But I don't understand how anyone can be so rude.  Like telling me how much money you make? Do you really think that's going to make me feel bad for you?  Check yourself. I don't care.  You could work at a Fast Food restaurant and I would still feel bad that you had a horrible day and had to change things around with your schedule.  That stinks.  But don't blame me or act that you're better than anyone else because you make a ton of money and you're a doctor.

Newsflash to ANYONE who thinks they are better than everyone.. You're not.  And people you know probably call you a douche behind your back.

Just sayin ;)

No comments: