1.) I love everything Halloween/October.
2.) It's my favorite Holiday.
3.) We had a super cute party.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who can't believe how fast this October flew by? Normally I go to a haunted house every weekend and watch lots of scary movies but I just didn't really have the time this year. I will blame the mid month move this time and the fact that I no longer have TV. But really, that move took a big chunk out of what I would have liked to do this fall. I will be sure to note that I don't love moving in October. If this old brain forgets, someone please remind me. -Thanks.
This year I decided that I wanted to dress up as a Fortune Teller. It kind of turned into me just being a gypsy but I loved the costume. I had one guy at work tell me that the gypsy look just really suits me. I'm really not sure what that means, but I'll take it. It was fun! I even googled how to read people's palms because the idea of getting Tarot Cards from the internet got shut down with my mom called me by this one girl's name who in Young Women's brought Tarot Cards and Black nail polish to Girl's Camp and everyone thought it was the biggest deal. Adult me would have dug it. Twelve year old me thought she was the spawn of Satan. Anyways, I didn't buy the Tarot Cards so the fake palm reading just had to do!
We dressed up for work and as the self appointed holiday party planner for our team at work, I decided to put together a little Halloween Party like we've done for the past couple of years.
Here are pics of my costume and this really good picture I took of my new coworker, Tessa who KILLED it as Cruella Deville:
I'm so glad I decided to take the next day off of work so that Kier, Cole and I could prepare for our Halloween party that night. I decided to stay the night with Kier while Cole was at work and they took me to this neighborhood haunted house a few minutes away from their place. This guy who did this is honestly my hero. He sets up this little haunted house in their huge backyard and has preteen boys from the area work in it for the few days before Halloween then let's people from the neighborhood just get to go for free (I gave a $3 donation). haha. Seriously the best. Sure, it's probably meant to scare children but I got scared. Who wouldn't get scared from a creepy 12 year old with a chainsaw?! Real or fake, that's a nightmare. It was a good time!
The next morning we got up and started shopping for our party. Note to everyone out there...people hit up the 50% off Halloween stuff really early.
1.)Don't bother with the Halloween stores until the end because they only give 30% off. However, this might be the only place you will find the good spider webs! I also got this huge caldron for 9 bucks which we used for our homemade rootbeer and it was seriously one of my favorite purchases!
2.) Hit Walmart for $2 pumpkins that will last til Thanksgiving. But we must have just gotten there later because there wasn't too many other things. Except for our "Happy Hallo-Weiner" and "I'm here for the boos" napkins which I loved.
3.) ALWAYS HIT UP TARGET FIRST!
But really, Target saved our lives. They had everything 50% off and had a lot of good stuff leftover. I think most people think of Walmart because it's usually cheaper, but Target is always a good choice, I feel.. I got a fog machine for $15 bucks! They had so many decorations. So just note that for next year--Target saves lives.
We decorated the house for the rest of the day after going to multiple stores to get all the things we needed. At the end of the day, it was so worth it. Everything turned out great. Sure, it helped that their house was built in 1855 and came with entertainment, namely a creepy old cellar that Cole decided to hide in to scare our guests, including myself. All in all it was a good night filled with friends, scares and too much junk food. And my friends, that is why I'm on day 5 without any sugar/treats ect.. until my birthday!
pray for me. haha
Here are some pictures from the party :)
![]() |
| Laundry room turned into the food area :) |
![]() |
| The outside covered in fake webs |
![]() |
| Willie from Duck Dynasty and the Dead Dear that Cole hit with his car this past summer :) |
![]() |
| Don't mind the spirit on the far left next to Justin. haha nightmare. |
![]() |
| Birthday boy with his 5 lb chocolate bar from us Hansen's. Oink Oink ;) |
Also, since it's Thursday and it's my blog and I can do what I want, let's throw back to last Halloween when Nieko had a broken wrist, Jess came down from Logan, her friend out-treed Kier, I was a cat, Willy looked drunk but wasn't, some girl we didn't really know kept jumping into our pictures, and Liz was a creep :)









4 comments:
Great blog !!
LOVE THE HALLOWEEN POST!!! So happy I checked! I love your posts Jenn! You are so fun:)
Your costume is great! And I agree she did kill it as cruela! I thought it was cruela!
Yes, thank you for writing...I checked last week and it ruined my day! j/k You make me laugh!
Post a Comment