I kind of have a relationship with the Soap channel these days. I've watched the whole complete series at least two times already. Once in High School when each episode first aired on TV and then again during the second year at college. I got a couple of my roommates addicted. I have vivid memories of waking up in the morning and seeing my newly addicted roommate Emily with the couch pulled right in front of the TV having not slept at all because she couldn't turn it off. And watching my roommate Becca react to Marisa's tragic death (I have never seen someone so upset and crying so hard over a TV show.. you would have thought that someone really died.) redic.
Well thanks to the Soap Channel, I've been watching them all again. They are playing three different seasons so I bounce back and fourth. Strangely I've watched the series end and re-watched the very first season.. oh how I love it. Emotional. I really wish that I still had the shirt my friends made me in High School that said "I heart Ryan" and then on the back said "From the OC." ... although, I've decided that my High School self loved Ryan because he was the "bad boy" and cared about Marissa so much. BUT, my older new self is all about Seth Cohen--Nerdy, Funny, Weird, and awkward stress case who can't do things by himself, loves Death Cab and listens to Boys to Men when he's sad. He's basically me. Minus the whole rebellious pot phase he went through...
Love him. Love the Soap Channel.
No comments:
Post a Comment