Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

It started and ended with tears..

I've been talking about this day for months now.. the returning of the Brother from his mission in Canada. I don't have any pictures of it yet (waiting for my friend to post them since she took the pics... We all know I was too excited to be worried about picture taking.)

As we were waiting at the airport my aunt Cindy said, "there's nothing better than sending a missionary out except for picking them up at the end of their mission." She was beyond right.

I remember taking Coleman to the MTC and trying so hard to be strong because I knew it was harder for him to watch his family leave then it was for us to leave together.. I was so proud of him for making the decision to serve a mission and knew that he was going to change lives. I also remember driving all the way home all by myself and crying the entire way..

Waiting at the airport was crazy. There really is nothing better than the anticipation of waiting for your missionary to round the corner after not seeing them for two years. Family and friends crowded around the doors just waiting for him to round the corner.

When he did my heart dropped and all I could do was cry because I was so excited and so happy to know that he had been serving the Lord for the last two years. I'm pretty sure I ugly cried but I didn't care, I was just so happy. He really has become one of my best friends over the last couple of years. We didn't miss a week of emailing each other. I really look up to him (and that's not just because he's even taller than when he left.)

My Aunt was right... There's nothing better.

Best Christmas present ever.

1 comment:

Savanna said...

See I told you, it's all worth it when you see them round that corner. Best. Feeling. Ever.