Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

new living space (pics to come)

I was going to wait until I could actually post some pictures of the new apartment to blog about it but since it isn't all the way decorated it's just going to have to wait.  Things have been a little interesting the last few days. I had the best help moving out of the old apartment and into the new one.  Moving is hard work!  I spent all last week packing and cleaning the old apartment whilst being a little sick and dreading Saturday when we'd have to move it all.  Well, people, it's finally over.  I seriously have the best family and friends.  They help me move and they don't even complain or make me feel bad for it.. even though I know it's miserable and they might hate me a little for it.  It's whatever.  They are champs though.  We did the entire move in two and a half hours! Record time.  I ended up doing over 50 flights of stairs and did 15,000 steps that day. So people who helped...you really deserved that pizza payment.  Really though, my fitbit was loving me but my body really wasn't.  Oh well, that's the life of the single nomad.  You know, moving place to place and not really knowing what's going on with life...the usual.  

I counted the other day and this is the 5th place I've lived in Utah since I graduated in April 2010.  Granted, I was in a couple of middle places as a post grad for a while until I found a job and figured out where I needed to be.  So I guess it's really been three official apartments now. This time is the first time since BYU-Idaho that I've lived with another girl, though.  That's going to be the biggest change I think.  Right now we are just figuring it all out.  We've both had roommates before but we were both in school at the time.  So now that we just "work" it's kind of interesting.  We'll figure it out, but I'm glad that I have a good roommate. It will feel like home soon and we'll get the hang of it all eventually :)  I really just need Kier to help me make my room cute (hint hint.. ha!)

My room is huge and I love that part the most.  I'm getting used to not having cable too.  If you know me then you know that's a big deal for me.  I only thought once about how I missed the episode of Keeping up with the Kardashian's on Sunday (it was the baby North West episode)..I really did just think about it for a second, shrugged my shoulders and moved on.  I think this means I'm growing up?  Getting a life? I don't know, but it feels pretty good.  Now, I'm not saying that I cut out shows, though.  ha! Get real.  After breaking out in Hives from having to be rude to the Digis people, I finally got someone who knew what they were doing and got us hooked up for internet.  Thank you Hulu, Thank you Netflix, thank you Mtv.com.. thank you Internet!  Really.  I can watch pretty much all my shows online...minus the Kardashian's and a few others that I probably shouldn't even watch anyways.  It's all trash that I love.  Can we afford cable? Yes.  But we're just trying something new.  Honestly, not having the TV on as background noise has been nice.  I've been able to just "be" and think and it's been kind of nice.  We'll see how long it lasts.  It's a new adventure!

 I was talking with Nieko and Willy at separate times last weekend and we realized that moving back to main street really does just bring back some good memories.  It's back to where we all started. Sure, I'm in a different apartment complex, but it's right in the back yard of my old, old apartment when I was at Sterling Point where we all met.  Except this time it's south of the complex, away from the "Mexican border."  (I really should stop calling that but I think I told you that when I lived there I legit saw kids crawling under the fence to play on our apartment complex basketball court and it was common to be woken up on a Saturday or Sunday morning to a full blown 'fiesta' with bounce houses.  It was a good time. ..and Kind of sketch.  Ole'!).  Anyways, it kind of just made us stop and think about how much each of us has grown up.  Well, maybe not grown up.. but we're figuring things out about we who are and who we aren't more and more each year.  

People have graduated, gotten married, left the group, met new people, left on missions, tried new things, gotten closer to each other, made mistakes, moved, gotten annoyed with each other, had random crushes/significant others, been jobless, gotten new jobs..the works!  Even though last year was a really hard year for a lot of us, it was sprinkled with A LOT of good memories that we will always tie back to my second official apartment in Utah up on Highway 193.  It was a great apartment and I will miss that GINORMOUS closet dearly, but I take comfort in the fact that no matter where I go, or what things I go through, I have so many great people around me and that I'm there for a reason.  I almost left Layton thinking that I was done with it and got what I needed out of it..but it wasn't the time. I could say that it's just because the apartments were more expensive and more ghetto closer to Salt Lake but I know that it's more than that.  It always is.  I'm not sure what will come out of this next year in this new apartment but right now I feel like I'm right where I'm supposed to be...and that's a pretty good feeling :)  

No comments: