I can't believe it's Fall. It's my favorite time of year. I was able to visit Parma last weekend with Kier, I've already started my Christmas Shopping, the lady I offered the job to on my team accepted the offer and I am just feeling good.
Oh yeah. I think I mentioned the promotion at work and how I'm lead of the VA operations team? Well, that sounded amazing until I found out at the same time that my other teammate accepted another job in Washington. It was horrible timing but after all was said and done I'm happy that she was able to move closer to family and be back in the hotel industry like she wanted. It did leave things a little crazy for me though. Right at that same time as taking on new responsibilities, we had also renewed our big contract with the client and then it was just me. To say I've been "busy" the last month would be an understatement. I've been doing the job of what used to be 2.5 people and at the same time had to go through the hiring process of a new Meeting Planner. Luckily, after some weird issues, I found an internal hire who is going to start November 3rd and I think she will be just great. I'm excited to train her and to get some help!
Visiting home last weekend was so fun. It's much different when you don't have a three year old running around. It was a different kind of fun. We ate good food/junk, made yummy treats, went to the movies, watched a movie with grandma, and helped mom and dad with some of their holiday craft ideas and with a craft show they did. My parents make the cutest crafts, I swear. I still find myself getting a little jealous every now and again when I think about how talented they are.
Of course my dad always cracks me up when I'm around him. We were driving out to the craft show on Friday morning and he got a call on his flip phone. (he will never get a smart phone. We'll save that for another time). We didn't know who had called but I heard him say "Oh wow, Yes, I will come in and get it later today or tomorrow. Great--Thanks!" It sounded like something pretty good. Right as he got off the phone he proclaimed "I won the Jolly Ranchers at the credit union! AGAIN! I'm such a good GUESSER." Yes. He legit yelled that last part. He was so excited about it. Kier and I asked what he won because, you know, who just makes the prize be the actual jar of candy? Nope. He won the Jolly Ranchers and he loved that he won them. I still can't stop laughing about it. It was the best.
I love that about my dad. He finds joy in the simplest things and he's just hilarious. I mean, I didn't laugh too hard when he scolded me for not praying daily that I'll find a husband. Apparently he does. That was a tenderly annoying moment. I'm glad that he prays for that for me everyday. It's a nice thing, really. But I also feel like it might eventually get old? like me. haha I don't know. I suppose I'll take the daddy-worrisome prayers. I'm hoping they will eventually work. I might need to start praying for that just to follow his fatherly counsel but also add in "..and if I don't find a husband that my dad won't be disappointed. amen." Oh that father of mine. Gotta love him.
I really have no point to this post other than to let you know that I'm alive and that I'm happy. Life just seems to be rolling and I'm super grateful for everything I have. I feel so blessed for all the people I have in my life and the opportunities that I see everyday to become a better person and to learn more. Life is just good.
No comments:
Post a Comment