Things have been a little weird with work. If you haven't heard in the news already, they've found a cure for Hepatitis C! I did some research today and found out that 3 to 5 million Americans carry the Hepatitis C virus. Like, what?! The only problem is that it's $86,000 a person for the treatment; one of the priciest drugs. Since I work with the VA, of course they are going to have to take care of a lot of Vet's with the virus. Yes, I'm happy about that. It's obviously a great thing! But it's going to be a lot of money to take care of that. That just means I'm probably going to have a couple of months of doing special projects orrrr reading books at my desk, pinterest-ing until I want to poke our my eyeballs, or facebooking so much that I end up deleting almost all of my friends. Let's pray it doesn't get to that point. But I will endure it well in the name of all those Vets who hopefully are going to be cured of HepC ;)
At least I will have one week off in June. I'm getting so excited for my trip to see Jamie and her family next month. Can you believe Mason will be three? I swear just yesterday he was born and I was Facetiming him as a little baby who couldn't even walk. Now he's going to school! (Technically it's just Day Care three times a week but he's so big and so cute and takes a backpack, has recess, and a friend named Jamal. omg. I can't even handle it.)
------
I had a little bit of a breakdown the other day once again thinking about my future. I've said it a million times, but life is hard and we have so many choices to make. They never stop. I'm grateful that we have our agency and that we can make our own decisions, but sometimes I just want someone smarter and greater than me to just tell me what to do and where I'm supposed to be. Life would be easier that way. Alas, life wasn't meant to be easy and we knew what we were getting ourselves into before we came down to Earth.
I'm positive that we were super happy to follow the Savior and were like, "Yay, send me! I want to make my own choices, I want to be tested, and I want to do everything I can to make it back to live with my Heavenly Father and Savior!" I'm sure we were all super gung-ho about it. I'm grateful we all chose to follow the Savior because let's face it, Satan is the worst. But sometimes I think it would have been awesome if we could have selected a platinum "cop out" option or something where we could just be given a couple of choices where we could just say, "Nope. Too Hard. You decide for me." That would have been nice. But I guess that would have been Satan's plan if it was that way....ha. I'm not perfect.
At the end of the day, I'm thankful for agency and for the knowledge I have that everything will work out as I faithfully relay on the Lord with all of the choices I make. We don't have to do it alone. Sometimes I forget about that when I'm in the heat of the moment and I get super dramatic. BUT I know that as long as I keep the spirit strong in my life and remain close with the Savior, I won't be led astray. I just wish I was quicker to remember that sometimes.
But really, things will ALWAYS work out. It's just sometimes gets a little scary and uncomfortable. That's life.
But really, things will ALWAYS work out. It's just sometimes gets a little scary and uncomfortable. That's life.
Proverbs 3:5-6
2 comments:
Jamal! I love it. Haha! I bore my testimony in church on this very subject not too long ago. Trust me things always work out. I gave up a job, sold our furniture, had no health benefits, and jumped into the unknown of Florida. As scared as I was to face the unknown, things have worked out:) and they will workout for you too. You are great and I miss you!
Ps. You may never quit FranklinCovey. I don't know if that's in your consideration box but at least hold off till after I see you in October:)
Amy, you're the best :) I'm not quitting! I can't wait to see you in October. I miss you too!
Post a Comment