Since I haven't posted for a while, and since it's Wednesday I figured I better do a post. I found a couple of random quotes that I've written down in my phone over the last two weeks so here you go:
"Car for Christmas." -Mason telling me what he wants Santa to bring him
"Maybe when you're 16 you can get a car for Christmas." -Jamie
.....10 minutes or so later.
"Mason, are you a kid?" -Me
"I Sixteen." -Mason
hahahaha He's so smart.
Dear Mason's Santa: I too am over 16 and would like a car. Love, Jenn. Thanks!
"The white haired girls are taking us on a walk."
-Myles, my cousin Luke's little 5 year old, telling all the grown ups where he was going
Kids just tell it like it is. They aren't afraid to ask questions and they don't have a filter. I loved that he called Kier and I the "white haired girls." I guess it's true. We both did just get our hair colored... So it's like, Thanks for saying we look fake? Whatever, kid. haha I'll take it over the other things he was saying to us when he first started talking to us. He was confused that we were girls at first and kept referring to us as "him," He asked if Kier and I kiss, and he kept calling Kiersten Lori. (Funniest name for Kier EVER). I finally found it all funny after Kier reminded me that little kids get confused over "him, her, she and he." I'm not going to lie, after I was called "him" for the third time, my feelings were hurt for a second....haha. Kids are funny.
But for the record, MYLES.. I'm a girl, Kier and I don't kiss, I have blonde hair, and I too would like to start calling Kiersten by the name of Lori.
The end.
"How old are you? Do you have a boyfriend? Why don't you have kids?"
-My cousin's kids at Thanksgiving Dinner
I didn't love having to explain my whole life to all the kids ranging from 5-12ish. Adults have just learned to not ask. These kids, however, were just so confused as to why I wasn't married and didn't have any kids after I explained that I was 25 (turning 26 the next day. ((for some reason telling them that I was 26 the next day made me want to hurl. They were giving me the third degree on my age and my lack of love life and children. Thank goodness I wasn't officially 26 yet.)) The best was when they asked about where I lived and I told them that I lived in Utah with one of my friends who is a girl. They had never heard of such a thing. And when I told them I had a spare bedroom they suggested I turn it into a toy room. I reminded them that I didn't have kids and that started the process all over again. I finally was able to change the subject by letting them download a game on my phone.
It was kind of my nightmare.
"I love that hutch!"
-Me about my Aunt Cindy's adorable hutch
"You like the hutch. You should love people not things."
-Grandma Hansen
Obviously Thanksgiving wasn't my day. I was being bullied left and right. I did find this one funny though. My little grandma was so serious so I laughed and said, "Well, no. I love people and I love that hutch." haha oh Grandma. I love her.. but I also love things. Sue me. But for the record, I would choose people over things of course. I'm not heartless.
"Are you going to cry?"
-Nieko after everyone sang Happy birthday to me over the phone.
"haha no." -Me
"Why, wasn't that touching?"
-Nieko
He knows I get choked up over the most random things so he just assumed that would make me cry. He's right though.. it was touching.
Happy 26th birthday to me from my younger, friends! awwwww yeaaaaaah.
No comments:
Post a Comment