Oh hi, it's me, Jenn. Betcha thought I'd given up on the old blog, huh?! While parts of me has considered calling it quits, there is this one part of me that always comes back to it every so often and has a desire to keep it going. In fact, I want to get better at it again but I just never make time for it and mostly I just never feel creative enough anymore. I've written draft posts multiple times this month but I always end up deleting them. Same old story I've had this entire year.
Isn't that pathetic? Not enough time?! HA! I'm laughing at myself about that. I could see if I had a boyfriend or was working on a project, going back to school or was involved in some after work hobby or service thing. I'm not. The truth is.. I have plenty of time. ESPECIALLY since I don't have cable anymore and I cut out more than half of my shows including almost all things "reality." Yes, that means I'm officially over the Kardashians..
Oh and I stopped following pretty much every celebrity on Instagram and find out things about them way late when I happen to stumble across some kind of news on Facebook or something. Funny thing is that I used to be so invested in these people that I'd never meet. I don't feel super lame about it, though, because I feel like a lot of us do that. We get sucked into news that doesn't matter and situations that don't matter... But I can honestly say that I don't care anymore. Seem like a ridiculous thing but I'm actually proud of it. Don't judge.
As I've thought about "time" and as I've reflected on my life this week about this last year and where I'm at, it's left me thinking about how I need to get up, get out and do someone new and exciting! I haven't quite figured out what that is yet but as most human beings, we always end up feeling this way at this time of the year. We get in a rut and we choose to just keep things going the way they are going because they aren't "bad" really... they're just comfortable. I need to pull it together.
I'm not going to go crazy and learn how to play an instrument or something like that because we all know that wouldn't be my thing. I'm not coordinated. I couldn't even do the drums on Rock Band back in the day because it required using my feet and hands. It's bad. So I'll do what I always do and I'll just figure it out. I just need something that really pushes me and gets me out of my head a little bit. I'll figure it out.
For now, I'm just going to pray that I make it home for Christmas. Curse you, SNOW!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment