Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Just an update

I've been called out a couple times this week about not updating my blog.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.. I'm the worst.  Things have been mucho crazy and I feel like I haven't really had anything going on.  Story of my life.  Of course that's not even 100% truthful considering the fact, I'm alive.  Alive=breathing=stuff going on.  For posterity sake (and for those who like to blog stalk me) here's the update.

The biggest thing this month is that my coworker that I was hired with when I started on June 1, 2010 at FC, left the company to follow her husband to Law School in Florida.   It's only been one week without her so far and it's just not the same.  I miss her.  It's funny how you get to be such good friends with coworkers.  I mean, it's sad but you spend so much of your awake time at work so it's a blessing when you can truly say that you love your coworkers.  I miss Amy. Since she's been gone, I've taken on a lot of work including training her replacement, Tessa.  I really like Tessa.  Sure, it's not the same but I'm making the most of it.  It will just be SUPER non-stop crazy at work for the next few weeks I feel.   I'm learning that I'm kind of awesome though.  haha.  No really,  it's amazing what we are capable of when it comes down to doing hard things.

Speaking of hard things.. I'm still not loving some of the changes coming up.  None of it really feels real yet.  I'm indifferent about it all.  I'm not going to lie, though.. Sometimes I legitimately day dream about getting a place in Idaho and moving home near my parents.  I think that's just me knowing change is coming and wanting to run away.  So I won't.  But I'm not going to be hard on myself for dreaming of that.  It sounds awesome.  But alas, it's not happening.  wahhhhh.  Remember how I just said that It's amazing what we are capable when it comes to doing hard things? Can  I take it back?

jk.

Things are going great.  Next weekend Cole and Kier and I get to go home for the weekend with M&D.  Just in time for the Canyon County Fair. Woot Woot.  Fave. But we're realizing that the summer is flying by and that the wedding is SO close..  Not like we could forget that though.  All the employees at David's bridal made SURE that we knew that the wedding was SO close as we were wedding dress shopping for Kier's dress today.  Aparently people go a few months before rather than a few weeks.  Huh.  Who knew?  But really, homegirl at David's Bridal was a mess.  It took a couple of eye rolls and comments to finally get her to go away.  Kier wasn't having it.  If she said one more thing to us I just know that Kier would have called her a name and told her to get stepping.  Funny.

But rude, poorly dressed and greasy employees aside, Kier found THE dress.  I'm not allowed to tell you what it looks like or how much it cost but I will tell you that we got a SMOKING Deal on everything.  Especially the accessories.  There were a couple of GREAT things that happened.  First of course was when she finally decided on the dress.  At David's when you find the right one you get to ring a bell and everyone claps for you.  Cheese ball but magical.  Kier took it to the next level and ran all around the store ringing the bell.  It was for sure THE dress.  We screams, clapped and video taped it for later.  That was the best part.  Mostly because that is the first time in a while that I've seen her be so happy and not stressed about wedding stuff in a long time.  It was perfect and I'm so happy for her .

The second best thing is the smoking deal on the accessories.  Want the story? Too bad, I'm telling it anyways.

They were giving away scratch cards to each bride that gave you a certain percent off of all your accessories.  Kier scratched hers and she got 25 % which was the lowest you could get.  So you know that means that almost all of them probably say 25% off.  Anyways, we left for a little while after putting a dress on hold and went to get dinner to just ponder and fill our bellies.  By the time we made it back from Cafe Rio, we realized that we lost the coupon card.  Typical.  The lady told us it was fine and that she could scratch another one.  Kier's face lit up when she got 75% off.  All.her.accessories.  This isn't a joke.  Like for real.  We quickly decided to get everything that you could possibly need and I'll just tell you she saved a crap ton of money!!! hahaha  Best thing ever.

Dress.  Deals.  Money in the bank.  Weddings.  Family..

Oh and to top off the great day, I was also able to spend the morning with Kenzie and a couple other High school friends at McKenzie's Baby shower.  I made her a quilt (my first one) and it is seriously adorable.   I'm pretty proud of it.   It's one of those things you do and you kind of want to keep it for yourself because it's THAT adorable.  not kidding.  I just can't believe that the baby girl is almost here.. GAH. I can't even wait.  Oh and she is the cutest pregnant lady ever.  So tiny.  Love it.  Love her.  Love that baby already!!

Seriously there is beauty and goodness all around.

Things are just great!  We have a lot of work to do over the next few weeks to get ready for the wedding but what an exciting time.  Even though it's a lot of work, hard times or changes around the corner it's in the midst of a lot of GREAT things.

Pray for us though.  haha

But really.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh how I just miss you too!!!!! Waaaahhhh I'm a baby!:(