Opps.
I feel like I stay positive most of the time but if I have to see one more juice cleanse/gym instagram or hear any unprovoked comments about weight loss I'm going to punch someone right in the face. (side note--I've always had the strongest desire to punch someone in the face. I never will, I'm sure, but that doesn't mean I little piece of me doesn't want to do it.) I'm all for people getting healthy and losing weight and bettering themselves. If you can and you have already, great! Let's celebrate with something that isn't food or some of that non-tasting food you claim to love. I'm in.
Making healthier choices as a New Year's resolution is great and I've tried to joined in by watching things a little more carefully. Sure I had a s'more the other day at Cole's and I chose to eat a hamburger for lunch today because I realized that I was actually sad about all the salad, grilled chicken, and soup I've been eating for the last week. For real. I'm eating this hamburger right now for lunch and I feel like it's the best thing to ever touch my lips. I'd marry it if I didn't want it in my belly so bad. It's that good.
Aside from talking about it just now, I haven't mentioned it to anyone else beside my mother. Why? Because I know that no one cares. Yet, why does everyone around me feel like they have to make a PSA about every dietary choice they are making and every pound they've lost? I kid you not, without me bringing anything up about it, two people told me yesterday "I've lost X pounds already".. and then there is one lady who I know every time she loses a pound because she talks about it so loudly. Isn't that what husbands and best friends are for? You don't have to tell every person about it. It makes it seem like you're bragging and that you're better than everyone all of a sudden. Not a good look for you.
OH and don't even get me started about facebook right now. No one cares about most of the crap people talk about on there either! I'm not just talking about the gym selfies on Facebook either. *Que facebook rant* Most of the things on facebook are crap. I hate that Facebook used to be really interesting and about all the fun adventures people had, or funny things that happened to them during the day but now I have to read mostly sad and depressing things. It's tiring. I should just stop checking it, because we all know I don't really post on there anymore unless it's for birthdays or to read articles that I didn't happen to already see on my news sites. For some reason the Ghost of Facebook Past keeps this creature of habit going to it because I remember how good it used to be and I feel like I'm going to miss something interesting if I don't check it. There's rarely anything good.
Which brings me back to my point: There are certain things you should just probably keep to yourself unless people bring it up. If I ask you what you're doing because you look so good, then you can tell me all about your "getting fit" resolutions and I'll probably praise you and be excited for you. Also, if I sincerely ask how you're doing because I haven't heard from you then you can totally tell me how depressed you are or what is going wrong in your life and I will listen. If I'm eating a hamburger with another coworker and we already know you're on a diet, don't comment about it. Shut your mouth.
Basically..When you say the same things over and over again people can't get excited for you. They might pretend that they are impressed or excited but they probably resent you. In fact, I had to unfollow a friend on instagram yesterday because she posted 10 daily pictures of her kids. It's too much, people!
Say things once. If you have a rude comment to say in regards to the way someone else is living their life you should probably just keep it to yourself or start a blog like this one so people who actually care can listen. I just never want to live my life and do things because I'm looking for praise in everything I do. Sounds hard... and hamburger-less.
Making healthier choices as a New Year's resolution is great and I've tried to joined in by watching things a little more carefully. Sure I had a s'more the other day at Cole's and I chose to eat a hamburger for lunch today because I realized that I was actually sad about all the salad, grilled chicken, and soup I've been eating for the last week. For real. I'm eating this hamburger right now for lunch and I feel like it's the best thing to ever touch my lips. I'd marry it if I didn't want it in my belly so bad. It's that good.
Aside from talking about it just now, I haven't mentioned it to anyone else beside my mother. Why? Because I know that no one cares. Yet, why does everyone around me feel like they have to make a PSA about every dietary choice they are making and every pound they've lost? I kid you not, without me bringing anything up about it, two people told me yesterday "I've lost X pounds already".. and then there is one lady who I know every time she loses a pound because she talks about it so loudly. Isn't that what husbands and best friends are for? You don't have to tell every person about it. It makes it seem like you're bragging and that you're better than everyone all of a sudden. Not a good look for you.
OH and don't even get me started about facebook right now. No one cares about most of the crap people talk about on there either! I'm not just talking about the gym selfies on Facebook either. *Que facebook rant* Most of the things on facebook are crap. I hate that Facebook used to be really interesting and about all the fun adventures people had, or funny things that happened to them during the day but now I have to read mostly sad and depressing things. It's tiring. I should just stop checking it, because we all know I don't really post on there anymore unless it's for birthdays or to read articles that I didn't happen to already see on my news sites. For some reason the Ghost of Facebook Past keeps this creature of habit going to it because I remember how good it used to be and I feel like I'm going to miss something interesting if I don't check it. There's rarely anything good.
Which brings me back to my point: There are certain things you should just probably keep to yourself unless people bring it up. If I ask you what you're doing because you look so good, then you can tell me all about your "getting fit" resolutions and I'll probably praise you and be excited for you. Also, if I sincerely ask how you're doing because I haven't heard from you then you can totally tell me how depressed you are or what is going wrong in your life and I will listen. If I'm eating a hamburger with another coworker and we already know you're on a diet, don't comment about it. Shut your mouth.
Basically..When you say the same things over and over again people can't get excited for you. They might pretend that they are impressed or excited but they probably resent you. In fact, I had to unfollow a friend on instagram yesterday because she posted 10 daily pictures of her kids. It's too much, people!
Say things once. If you have a rude comment to say in regards to the way someone else is living their life you should probably just keep it to yourself or start a blog like this one so people who actually care can listen. I just never want to live my life and do things because I'm looking for praise in everything I do. Sounds hard... and hamburger-less.
2 comments:
Now I want a Hamburger. Miss you Jenn. Love you.
I agree whole heartedly with you (per usual), mostly I feel like it's a way for boring people to help them along in their boring life... if I didn't live so far away from family and BFF's I would give it up... which reminds me, I miss you terribly, I miss reading your blog, I promise I'll be better!! Love your face!
PS - you better tell me if I become "that mom" who posts a billion pictures of my child every two seconds... PET PEEVE!!
Post a Comment